Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia

Bridesmaids Dresses

Lindsay, on February 20, 2022 at 00:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Hi everyone!

I’m just wondering about having my bridesmaids wear lavender the same as my theme color of the ceremony/ reception if they would look blended in? And what colors should they use? Cause im so lost when it comes to that and am worried they won’t look good in pictures Smiley sad HELP!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on February 27, 2022 at 16:38
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you do with purple dresses, maybe go with white or cream table cloth. Not to have too many purple in the area.

I had my bridesmaids wear dresses and used cream table cloth.
    Bridesmaids Dresses 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The bridesmaids colour dresses do look nice as it would somewhat blend into the reception colours of the same shade. I would do the centerpieces of flowers in purple as it can give that pop of colour than the tablecloth to clash with their dresses. Your decor can have touches of purple though as white or black tablecloth will give that light/dark shade as a central colour.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you did the purple for your dresses you could go with white tablecloths and purple candles, napkins, centerpieces and place cards to have the colour for decor without everything being purple. You could also do various shades of purple for dresses if you didn't want bridesmaids to match too much as well. You could also go with the white flowers for bouquets for the ladies and the purples for yourself...
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can pick whatever colour dress you want for the bridesmaids. I would suggest avoid having the same family of colours in big decor pieces like drapery and table cloths. Accent pieces like napkins, flowers (with other varieties and colours mixed in), and candles would be less intrusive.

So if you want a lavender dress, avoid any purple (violet, mauve, orchid, magenta, lilac etc etc) for table cloths and drapes. It's too big of a piece and like I said, if the girls are standing/sitting in front of it, they would end up looking like a blob of purple.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would mauve work better?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I wouldn't do it. Even if they're different tints/shades of the same colour, it'll still look like a big blob or purple. Colours should accent the room, not overpower it.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s what I mean.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't get the dresses in the same colour as the table clothes and drapery if that's what you mean.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridesmaids Dresses 2
    This is the color I’m thinking but my overall theme would be lavender.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you think off shades of lavender are better so they don’t blend in?
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My main wedding colours are blush and silver. My bridesmaids are wearing blush dresses. Instead of doing blush flowers, I'm doing all shades of pink so their flowers don't blend with their dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics