Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaids Dresses

Kayla, on December 13, 2021 at 12:46 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
Hello 👋
I am getting married July 1st, 2022 and wow is it ever coming fast!!
I have 4 bridesmaids (1 is MOH) and we are trying to figure out bridesmaids dresses. We went to David's Bridal and they ordered a dress each, but we didn't have a great experience and are nervous that the associate did not take measurements right and by the time the dresses come in may, it will be too late to fix an issue. They are now wondering about cancelling the order with DB and trying Azazie.The color for their dresses is Sage Green.I am worried about timing, what are your thoughts? Please help!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on December 17, 2021 at 04:08
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I see your in Ontario but that’s interesting I didn’t have a good experience at David’s bridal in Calgary!! They were so rushed with me they didn’t let me take my time and choose my bridesmaid dresses and I ended up regretting the dresses I chose as they weren’t what I even wanted!! The lady was not helpful ! Anyways You should go on your local Facebook wedding place group and see if anyone has swatches! I saw a girl did that in my area for azazzie and now I really wish I went with them! They have so many colours and styles!
  • Hzrivera
    Newbie April 2022 Ontario
    Hzrivera ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I highly recommend Birdy Grey! They're based in the states, but I just ordered all my bridesmaids dresses in one shipment (one flat rate shipping). The dresses are great and all are under $100USD. I actually got mine Black Friday for $40USD (50ish CAD) each! The dresses are true to size, and would just need to be hemmed depending on height.

Also have used azazie as a bridesmaid and has been great too!

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kayla,

I completely understand the feeling of second-guessing after reflecting on the experience - the same thing happened to me, only it was with a bridal gown I put a deposit on. I ended up backing out of the order and found a dress, that I loved even more, elsewhere. I also felt so much better (and less stressed) when I decided to cancel the initial order and sever ties with the boutique who left a bad taste in my mouth.

Are you up for trying out an experience at another salon or? I got my bridal gown at One Love One Dream in Courtice. My experience was amazing, and their options for bridesmaid dresses are extensive. I also have a friend who owns Blush Bridal in Newcastle, who also has a great selection of bridesmaid dresses (and different designers from those at One Love One Dream).

Tho I also understand if going to David's Bridal (or going with Azazie) is because they can be more "pocket" friendly.

long story short, if you are already having second thoughts about how things went down at David's Bridal, those feelings won't go away until you either go back for another appointment (re-check everything) or cancel the order and start fresh with Azazie.

Hope this helps!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It takes roughly 6 weeks if you're ordering an Azazie dress as is without custom sizing. I would suggest ordering them by mid-March so it can arrive no later than early May, which gives you roughly two months for alterations.

Just make sure you read each style's sizing chart carefully. Most of our bridesmaids had to order a size up (our MOH had to order two sizes up) from their standard retail dress size because of their curves. A seamstress can take in the waist.

• Kayla
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the info!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't order try on dresses. I also can't exactly remember timeline because this was in 2016 or 2017. One of bridesmaid did recently order try on dresses though and that process took like a week and a half. Not too long for that. It looks like their current turnaround time on the dresses is about 1.5 months and when I remember what they had listed for turn around time being accurate when I ordered
  • Kayla
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How long did the entire process take? (Trying on, shipping back, ordering, making, shipping)
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used azazie when my MOH got married! This was before they had a Canadian site though. But they came in a reasonable time! And I plan on using them for my bridesmaids!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics