Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
VIP August 2017 Ontario

Bridesmaids and gifts .....

Natasha, on February 28, 2017 at 13:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

Hello ladies I have a question for you all about how to handle a situation, I am getting several gifts for my lovely ladies who I have chosen to have by my side on my special day. I have made them all special hangers which was fun to do, I am also ordering them all bracelets to wear on my special day ... I also made special tumblers for them for the bachelorette party as a thank you for throwing me a great party... Now for my question ... I feel like I am in a bit of a pickle I really want to do getting ready shirts for me and my ladies and just have their initals monogrammed on them ... I want to do plaid flannels as my wedding is full out country barn theme and all my girls are country girls .... so I guess this is a two part question .. here goes :

1. One of my ladies ( my FH sister) is a much bigger girl , a plus size girl and I am unsure if she would fit in the biggest size they carry ... how do I go about doing this as I want her to be included and have the same shirts as all the girls... it is really stressing me out

2. I mentioned I want to monogram their initals .. now some of my girls are engaged to be married would it be wise of me to put the inital of their soon to be new last name or keep their maiden names on their shirts??

Ill take any advice you lovely ladies can give me !!!

Bride Tribe

Bride Tribe

Matching ladies

Matching ladies

Monogrammed Initials

Monogrammed Initials

Flannel for my Girls

Flannel for my Girls

19 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on March 13, 2017 at 14:42
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone has already made some great suggestions! I had one more...had you considered just getting their first initial or using first names or nicknames? The plaid shirts are super cute!

I am just doing a necklace so far for my bridesmaid gift. I decided to get a blue opal and white topaz necklace and earing set in Maui for the wedding and I got the matching necklaces for my bridesmaids that are the same size as the earings. I might do robes but I have a similar issue as my MOH and I are plus sized and my other bridesmaid is a "large"

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I* have been checking out etsy but i will for sure check out the other place you mentioned thanks lisa

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out Etsy and there was another site called cafepress.ca I came across. Their PJ sets are cute!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I am totally going to do that for everyones sizes will make life so much easier when it comes to their sizes... then its just finding someone that carries them all

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just might be a good way to find out everyone's sizes in advance! Good luck!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sadly our target closed so I would have to travel to find one ... Etsy is where I am looking right now they have alot of different shops that sell them and do all the monogramming ... it costs a little more ... but its just going to be making sure all the sizes are there

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally get it! We were having the same time trying to find the right shoes for the fall in the spring/summer! Hopefully since flannel is more popular now, you should be able to find something year round. Does Target have anything or Etsy? I ended up getting our shirts for my bachelorette party from Target and they were inexpensive but great quality! (And they generally have larger sizes as well) I still wear mine all the time.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lisa is super sneaky! Lol
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes this is my problem is it is going out of season and I need a few weeks for process time so waiting till the wedding is out .. thanks for the advice Sam
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Lisa never thought about the bridal store where they just got their dresses ! Good Idea !
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Shhhh it's a secret!!!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is some good detective work Lisa!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I agree. It's fun to surprise but I think in this case, it's more important to make sure that it fits properly. (Especially since it will be in photos for all time.) I like Val's idea of doing all different shirts so that the larger size doesn't stand out. I understand your frustration of trying to find something that works for everything! I had the same problem with shoes for my girls because I had to find something that was in stock from a size 6 to a size 11. I'm sure it's also tough because it's almost spring so flannel is going out of season. You could keep looking and there might be more options closer to your wedding because then it will be coming back in season.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No way!! You absolutely still have time!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Natasha,Super cute idea! As far as the size issue : look at the size of her bridesmaids dress. The store you bought them from should be able to give you an indication of what her street size is. Once you isolate that, then find out if you can get a bigger size. Might be a custom thing but doable. Names: I would keep Maiden names. That's who they are at the time of your wedding! And God forbid, if any of them get divorced they will still keep your shirt and won't want to burn it! Lol Smiley smile.
    Let us know how you make out! Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah I might get fh to casually ask his sister so I don't have to and then she won't suspect lol
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very true point about the names ... I think I'll stick with their maiden ... I'm still looking for shirts but I feel like I'm running out of time Smiley sad
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those shirts are extra cute for your theme!

I think for the monograms you should *casually* ask if they will be keeping their last names or not....if they are changing them, then I would go with the new initial, if their wedding is before yours. If they are getting married after your wedding I would stick with maiden names! If something happens and the initial isn't right...I really doubt anyone will be upset at all.

As far as the sizing goes, it might be best to ask your friend about sizing, and refer the a size chat (assuming the plave you get them has one). I think spoiling the surprise of the gift is a better trade off than a shirt that doesn't fit. But that is just me.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oohhh that is difficult, can you keep looking for a shirt that would have all the sizes? OR just get different flannels (like still flannels, but slightly different patterns) for all the shirts? I know as a plus sized girl myself, I would be really hurt (but not blame my friend) if I was the only one in a different pattern/style/shirt than all the other people. Especially knowing it will be in a bunch of cutesy pictures. So if all the flannels were slightly different, I wouldn't feel like the odd (fat) one out. I KNOW that's not the intention and I'm sure your friend would know you meant the best, but it would still hurt (at least me). Also I would guess a bigger size than you might assume, I personally would rather be swimming in a shirt than have it crazy tight and clingy

For the initials... I think I would go with their current name by the time of your wedding. It'll be fun to look back at! Also... do you know 100% that they are changing their names? What if they decided to keep their last name, or hyphenate?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics