Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia

Bridesmaids and Flower girl dresses

Lindsay, on August 28, 2021 at 19:00 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
Hi everyone!

I have a question, do I have to buy the bridesmaids dresses and the flower girls dress on top of my own wedding dress? Or is there a rule for that? Asking for budgeting purposes.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 31, 2021 at 13:53
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your not obligated to buy their outfits if you feel its out of you budget. The choice is made upon being family is gifting them for the day than giving any other gifts. We always get outfits for the family only other than relatives who can get their kids outfits. The same applied for our MOHs as they bought their sarees for the wedding.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Lindsay,
    Like the others said already. Don’t feel obligated. My bridesmaids purchased their own dress and shoes (both items totalled $83). While my MOH has yet to purchase hers, as she has a different style from the others. I gave them an option to choose a style as they knew the colour, however since they couldn’t find or decide, I gave them options and they chose from that.

What I am thinking to gift them is jewelry, while I’ll gift the groomsmen bow ties, pocket squares, and shirts.
    It’s best to focus more on your wedding dress and accessories.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You've got tones of time! Lace is always in!!! I was looking at all of the designers online to see what dresses I liked and what not before heading to the bridal stores. It's a good idea to see what's out there you know!

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome that’s when I will really start looking then my wedding won’t be until June of 2023 but I’m so wanting a lace dress so hope that style will be in lol
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A year or so I think is a good time in my opinion. I went around the year and 7 month mark only because the dress I had in mind was still at the store and the consultant advised me if I really want this dress I should get it now because it was an older style from 2017 that was going to be discontinued soon. I've had my dress sitting in my parents closet for just over 2 years now because of postponing I can't wait to wear it!

You should give yourself enough time for it to come in and then if there's any alterations that need to be done, you gotta make that into the timeline as well. Usually 1-2 months for alterations from what I've been told

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When do you think I should start looking? Cause I don’t want to be a forgetful bride and do it last minute that’s for sure! I’ve seen Yes to the dress and I don’t want to be that person
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! It's sometimes a great idea to go a little early to start and see what you like and don't like. Of course every designer will have different dresses coming in for fall/winter and spring/summer launches. I started looking right after I got engaged in 2017 but didn't buy anything until 2019. Luckily the dress that I was eyeing the very first time I looked was still in store when I went the second time. Just to also keep in mind some dresses take a bit more time to come in once you order them. Mine too almost 7 months for it to come in.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I looked at a bridal shop today just to get ideas and I fell in love with one dress Smiley smile I need to wait though cause I need to lose weight before I even start looking. Bridesmaids and Flower girl dresses 1

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course! They definitely can be. Depends on the designer as well. Sometimes you can find them even on sale! I wish mine was!

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thank you I was worried and I need to focus on my wedding dress and wedding dresses can be expensive.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is paying for her dress. You don't need to feel obligated to buy their dresses if it's not really in your budget. My MOH asked told me before we went looking she's be willing to buy her dress

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say it's more common for bridesmaids to buy their own dresses. Sometimes the bride will buy them as a gift but not often. I'm not sure about flower girl dresses though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics