Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaid timeline

Jillian, on March 6, 2020 at 09:57 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Is 6 months to short of notice to ask someone to be a bridesmaid?

Long story short, my very good friend said her and her husband wouldn't be able to make it our destination wedding (2 provinces away) because they have two little girls. 2 months ago they then said they are able to make it, booked their flights and accommodations and using it as a mini vacation. The only reason why i didnt ask her sooner was because she said they couldn't make it. And the last two months I have been going back and forth whether or not to ask her and/or is too short notice?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Francesca, on March 12, 2020 at 07:58
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ask her! But remember to also take into consideration if she may find it too short notice. But I would still say go for it!

• Tyler-Kerry
    Curious March 2024 New Brunswick
    Tyler-Kerry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want her standing with you I would definitely ask her
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask her since she is making it for your wedding. It seems right and there is not short time to ask anyone. Let her be part of your celebration standing up at the altar.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's completely fine - worst thing that can come of it is that she says no, right?

I try and look at it as if I were in their shoes and if somebody asked me even as a back up I would still be excited to say yes!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's too short notice. As long as you can get her a dress before then, there isnt a whole lot of time sensitive parts of being a bridesmaid (or at least not that I can think of!)
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its fine to ask her! i would!!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you had been thinking of asking her originally then go for it! I'm sure she'll be flattered. That being said, as she does have 2 small children and is using this as a couples vacation, you may want to be prepared for her to say no. She may just want to have the vacation but may also feel obligated to say yes. Make it clear that she is not obligated to join the party but that you would be very happy to have her.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics