Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alana
Curious September 2024 Quebec

Bridesmaid Proposals

Alana, on June 30, 2022 at 17:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 20
Hey everyone,
I'm curious to know how you asked your bridal party to be your bridesmaids/bridesmen?
I did some DIY and put together my bridesmaid proposal boxes and I loved the personal touches that I was able to add. My girlfriends loved the boxes! Bridesmaid Proposals 1
Bridesmaid Proposals 2
Bridesmaid Proposals 3
Bridesmaid Proposals 4

20 Comments

Latest activity by Petrina, on January 29, 2023 at 13:27
  • Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked my sister to be my MOH and 3 of my closest high school friends and SIL to be my bridesmaids. I asked my sister in person and for the bridesmaids, I called them and asked lol. I bought proposal boxes, but gave them after they said yes, I didn't want them to feel pressured. I got everyone cute socks with the title MOH or Bridesmaid on it, Tote bags with their names and title on it (I got one for my future MIL too) and a satin robe with their name on it. Everyone loved them!

• Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of having something at my place. I recently found out that my sewing machine can do lettering, so I'm planning to make little zip pouches (can be used as makeup bags, pencil cases, etc) with their names stitched on them, then having a save the date inside with a message on the back. I'm not sure if I should put anything else in there or not as it's not a large bag, meaning most things would have to be pretty small (bags will be about 8" by 4.5"), and I can't think of a whole lot of things that all of them would like (they have similar hobbies, but nothing I can fit into the small bag). I'll probably get them something else before the wedding, or figure something out along the way. I don't want anything too elaborate when just asking, mostly because I don't want anyone to feel like they're not allowed to say no if they don't feel up to being in the wedding.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow....so nice of all of you! I asked my daughter to be MOH. Figured, since this is my second marriage and she was at the first wedding as my flower girl, i may as well have her stand next to me Smiley smile

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like a guy thing to do lol

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! That's what drew me the most to buy them!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're Vinod - its a nice touch that I am sure the wedding party really appreciates!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha that's so nice of your FH, mine just asked his brother while they were playing videogames hahaha!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh great idea on creating boxes for the groomsmen! Also great idea on using items that you know they will be using!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha that is very fitting! love the glitter on them too!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh these boxes are so cute and such a great idea on the "survival kit" hahaha I am a huge sucker for candles too!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Alana,

Oh boy, everyone is putting me to shame. I got engaged September of 2020. So my bridesmaid proposal for my one friend was 6ft apart in a parking lot sitting in our cars. So classy right? My other friend lives 3 hours away so I asked her over the phone. And for my only sister, I sent a wine tumbler as a way to ask to be my maid of honour. I had her call me when she got a surprise package. Way less elaborate but my girls I think were okay with it. To make it up to them I got small gifts for them at the bachelorette. For the rehearsal dinner (day before) I am going to give them a custom gift box I made with cute stuff for the wedding day they may have not thought of and personalized it to their favourite colours. I stuck to only one thing in the gift box that says “maid of honour” or “bridesmaid” on it so they can definitely use it after the wedding. The makeup bags are filled with “survival wedding day stuff”. Just to clarify that small tube is totally a travel sized perfume holder so they can put their favourite scent in it. I have had people say it looks like it holds one of those necessities for ladies. Whoops.
    Bridesmaid Proposals 5Bridesmaid Proposals 6
    Bridesmaid Proposals 7
    Bridesmaid Proposals 8

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made a card for my best friend and it said "I can't do this without you. Will you be my Maid Of Honor?" And I gifted her with a wine glass. Thought it was fitting since I'm getting married at a winery!

Bridesmaid Proposals 9

Bridesmaid Proposals 10

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did boxes in a very similar way that you did yours. My fiancee put things for a bubble bath along with a customized wine glass and personal small wine/liquor bottle in the boxes. For the groomsmen it was similar, except with shaving cream, razor & aftershave and personalized liquor glass with a small rum or scotch bottle, depending on the person. Then, we went to dinner with each member of the party (or had them over at our home) and gave them the box.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought little fun things for each girl, one I had a box, there other I found a cloth bag at dollarama that had bridesmaid on it just like that.

FH only got a few things for his bestman and asked the other two if they wanted to stand by them.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Proposal boxes are nicely made with the finishing touches of your own. Its always nice to get them as part of the wedding party.

I know its something my cousins have done as well as give a bag too when travelling for destination weddings.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! They were super easy to make as well!
  • Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg Scratch tickets! That is so unique, love that idea!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are so cute! I made them a scratch ticket to ask and gave them a few goodies (scrunchies, bath bomb, lotion) and a bottle of wine
  • Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice! I put in matching scrunchies, wine glasses with my bridesmaids' name on them and a photo of all of us. The photo was their favourite part too.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wife and I treated our party to a lunch when we asked. What did you put in your boxes?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics