Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Bridesmaid/groomsmen - Outfits

Ashleigh, on October 26, 2017 at 12:45 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
So we ended up with a quite a large wedding party: 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen. Even though this adds quite a bit to our overall expenses, we are very thankful to have such a large group of family and friends for support. The bridesmaids are wearing black knee length dresses of their choice (not from a bridal store). I'm not sure what to put the men in. Black suits would be the obvious answer, but I'm worried that will look too morbid, like a funeral. Two couples in our friends group got married recently and they wore grey suits, so I would like to avoid that colour. I'm open to having mismatched pants/suits, suspenders, etc. I'd love to hear your suggestions! Thank you in advance.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 15:20
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do find ying and yang work together. So if your bridesmaid are in black, why not have the groomsmen have suits with white jackets to look pull the colours together.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're getting married in August, so what about black pants, white shirt, and ties that match one of your other wedding colours (red, purple, ??)

• Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think black suits are fine! Maybe pick a tie colour that matches the bridesmaids' bouquet. Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What colour suit is your FH wearing? You don't want the groomsmen to clash with him either. My husband wore a grey suit and the groomsmen wore black suits. I think if your FH is wearing black then they could also wear black or grey. I would definitely use accessories like ties, pocket squares and boutonnieres to add some colour and texture.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the navy suits.. or what about a grey suit with black tie?

images from google

1f9485fdbcfdf7640815b791042b9ab5--grey-b

• Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Navy suits or tuxes Smiley smile

Bridesmaid/groomsmen - Outfits 1
  • Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing navy blue suits for our fall weddingSmiley smile go check out moores and their rental section. Honestly great price and they take care of everything for the men!
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! And like others said use their accessories to add colour if you want or even the bouquets and boutineres couold add some colour if you find it may be too dark. But I do like the look of black it is very classy, plus its your day do what you want and if black is the colour I think its great!

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally hear what you're saying about the colours sort of clashing. I do like the look of all black and we both LOVE black. Hmmmm! Maybe we will consider it again. Thanks dforoe the reply & pictures.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Navy and black sometimes don't look that great together because they are too close to being the same colour, however all black bridal party does look nice and you will be wearing white so it will make you pop and stand out! Plus you could always have the groomsmen ditch their jackets and that will help lighten things up a bit too!

All BlackBridesmaid/groomsmen - Outfits 2More casual for the guysBridesmaid/groomsmen - Outfits 3

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What if you do black pants with black shirts and colored ties and suspenders.... they can maybe match the bridesmaids shoes. you could even dress them all in a different color for fun Smiley smile

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now we are leaning towards Navy suits and black ties/shoes. Not sure how I feel about this though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics