Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ally
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Bridesmaid gift - experience vs. material gift

Ally, on October 27, 2018 at 09:48 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
Hello brides!

As a bridesmaid/maid of honor would you rather receive an experience gift or a material gift? Reasoning behind your choice?

I am getting married at the Elora Mill Hotel and Spa and I was thinking of treating my girls to a spa day 0n the day of the rehearsal as their gift. Thoughts? I would run this by my girls but don’t want to give away the surprise!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Susan, on November 1, 2018 at 07:40
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a spa day is awesome!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's up to you and your girls. Personally, I'd LOVE a spa day, a million percent... more so than a necklace or something. But my cousin gave all her girls white Swarovski crystal studded flip flops for her Mexico destination wedding, and 5 years later I still live in mine all summer.

Just in case that spa day includes mani/pedi, make sure your girls don't go an do their own ahead of time! You may need to tell them beforehand... But maybe if you're doing a bridesmaid lunch (sometimes girls have a get together a few days/week before the wedding), maybe let them know about the gift then... so they can prepare a little bit.

If your girls all would enjoy it, that sounds good to me.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been a bridesmaid...A LOT! hahahha

I love the idea of an experience. but I've also received some REALLY awesome material gifts too.

the only thing that would worry me for the spa factor is depending on the service you are doing, would be sensitive skin. like for myself. my face is SUPER sensitive. so a facial would be a no no that close to an event. but massage, or pedi etc. would be AWESOME!!!!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that it's really up to you. If I was a bridesmaid I would be more than happy to get anything at all. With that being said - I would prefer a gift. Reason for that being that the spa day would technically be put towards your big day instead of something for me. Again - if I was a bridesmaid I wouldn't complain!! But for my wedding I will probably not only pay for the hair and makeup, but at least a bracelet for them as well.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Experience gift seems better since its useful rather than materialistic and not being used.

Spa package seems a good thing to use to get pampered the day before.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a great idea! I received a spa gift card as a bridesmaid once and it's been my favourite gift so far!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been in a few weddings and have received primarily material gifts in the form of our dresses paid for or hair/makeup paid for or jewellery. All these were great but experiences are always my favourite gift for any occasion. I think a spa day sounds amazing! Great idea!! 😊
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that's an absolutely wonderful idea!!!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, never been a bridesmaid but personally I love a gift that’s an experience! It just leaves you with such good memories! I think a spa day is a great idea, and it’ll be really nice for everyone to just get to relax!
  • Ally
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the input Allison! I’ve never been a bridesmaid before either so this is all new to me haha
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would totally enjoy a spa day right before the big day! For me, I don't really care if I receive a material vs experience as a gift but I haven't been in a wedding party before. I'm a first time bridesmaid next June lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics