Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valerie
VIP April 2017 Ontario

Bridesmaid dresses chosen!!

Valerie, on December 7, 2016 at 12:44 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 34
I'm so excited that all my BMs finally picked/ordered their dresses!!!The first 2 dresses will be the same colour as the first picture and the last 2 will be in turquoise. I can't wait to see them all together Smiley laugh Anyone else have their BM dresses picked out?

Bridesmaid dresses chosen!! - 1

Bridesmaid dresses chosen!! - 2

Bridesmaid dresses chosen!! - 3

Bridesmaid dresses chosen!! - 4

34 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on December 12, 2016 at 14:56
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha that's awesome it still fit her!! Your dresses looked amazing! I did the mis match thing cause I've been in wedding where I was forced to wear a dress out of budget, that looked AWFUL on me and didn't even come in my size because they didn't bother taking me into consideration and bought from a store that doesn't/won't order my size. And I hated every moment in that dress and hate looking back at photos of my own brothers wedding because it's all I see (I had to add in fabric that didn't match on the sides because the dress didn't fit). So I never wanted to put one of my best friends/sisters through that. They are all beautiful and have VASTLY different body types and budgets... so this way they could all be perfectly comfortable wearing what suits them and spending what they can afford without feeling guilty! I'm also letting the guys wear whatever suit they want... just has to be black (and then they'll get matching ties, shirts and pocket squares)

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the colour! The styles are so great! I'm impressed that you went with the mismatched dresses. They'll look so great all together! I can't wait to see them all together! 4 more months!!! Smiley love

It worked out that they all got the same dress (I actually wish I'd bought one too just because!) and luckily one of my bridesmaids who was 7 months pregnant at the wedding was still able to fit in it because we bought them before she was pregnant! (The dress was from Madewell and not an actual bridesmaid dress so it didn't have extra material for alterations and we bought it 2 years before the wedding so they didn't make them anymore. But it worked out!) Haha she kept texting me every week leading up to the wedding saying "it still fits!" They all looked so beautiful and I loved the purple pumps and flowers with the charcoal dresses!

My girls!

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It must be a relief Valerie. I'm having varients in colours as well as different styles that are uniquely them. I know it's my Wedding but I want my girls to feel comfortable in their dresses and I have 7 incl my MOH and I think it'll be spectacular having the colours blending. Great choice!!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was super annoying at times (because oddly the BM's thought it was odd and kept thinking I was just trying to "be a cool bride" but I secretly wanted them to be in the same dress and colour). I just thought to myself that these are my nearest and dearest and not props for my photos, my photos will look beautiful because they will look beautiful and completely comfortable! No one was pressured to spend more than they could afford, or wear something they secretly didn't like in an attempt to make me happy. (btw not knocking people that want to coordinate their BM dresses, I've just been in other wedding parties and had bad experiences and I didn't want to do that)

Anyways, it helped me let go in that aspect. I think the best way to do all different dresses is to not worry about matching the colour, because you'll never get it exact between brands and stores, that's why I wanted them to pick different shades. If it looks intentional, it doesn't look like a mistake Smiley winking

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might have to adjust my chill levels since one of them is in Maple Creek Saskatchewan and the other is in Saskatoon Saskatchewan and I might not be able to get them both to Calgary at the same time to look at dresses. I am attempting not to make myself crazy since that makes FH worry to much.Smiley atonished Plus it worked out beautifully for you! Smiley smile

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your welcome Valerie!Smiley smile
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Simone!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats Valerie! I'm so happy for you! The dresses chosen are all goregous and elegant!Smiley smile
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought I would be too but I'm surprisingly chill about it. ..not about the other details though lol
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might be too much of a control freak to leave it completely up to them, but I think within certain guidelines I will leave a lot of it up to them.

• Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The colors are basically the two front dresses, MOH has the plum color, bridesmaid has the amethyst color

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I could never make the decision... that's partly why I left it to them lol

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh nice! They look amazing. What colours?

• Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love your choices Valerie

Here are the ones my MOH and bridesmaid picked at David's Bridal Smiley smile

MOH Front

MOH Front

MOH Back

MOH Back

Bridesmaid Front

Bridesmaid Front

Bridesmaid Back

Bridesmaid Back

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats to everyone who has bridesmaid dresses picked!!

I have decided on a colour...sort of and a material...sort of but I can't decide on length or style yet. Plus I still need to ask my sister in law to be a bridesmaid. I only have 2 bridesmaids so I think I want to keep them pretty uniform, at least as far as length and colour, I may let them pick the neckline and such but I am undecided on so much still.Smiley amazing

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One way or the other, she WILL see the light!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well, I would have to agree with you on that one. Maybe give her a couple of options that are acceptable and have her pick from them. Smiley atonished

• Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did get them in this color. I just got an email too the other day saying they shipped so I'm super excited for them to come in.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are so pretty! Are you getting them in that colour as well? It's a great colour if so Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The second and 3rd are may favs! Number 3 looked great on, but I forgot to snap a picture Smiley sad

• Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All your dresses are so pretty. These are the ones I ordered for my Bridesmaid and MOH. FH's neice is a Jr. BM so i'm going to take her to David's Bridal for hers.

Bridesmaid dress

Bridesmaid dress

Bridesmaid dress

Bridesmaid dress

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the colour! Yay another check mark for tasks. congrats
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations very nice! I love the look of the second dress !!!! Beautiful.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You just gotta picture them with a nice pair of brown cowboy boots !! yee haw !!

Brown Cowboy boots

Brown Cowboy boots

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley love Love them!!!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

the first dress is what my bridesmaids will be wearing ... they are just above the knee dresses both of them are.. the second is what my MOH will be wearing just so she is a little different !

My Bridesmaids Dresses

My Bridesmaids Dresses

My Maid of Honor Dress

My Maid of Honor Dress

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pretty!!! Love the colour!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh these dresses are beautiful!!!!!! I can't wait to see them in the actual colour! We have our bridesmaids dresses.... some might remember, they were supposed to be in last month but they screwed up so now wont be in until February.

They will all be the same dress in the same colour. The first photo is the colour, the second dress is the actual dress they got!

What colour will be your bridesmaids dresses? - 1

What colour will be your bridesmaids dresses? - 2

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Clearly! Ugh, hopfully she gets it together an learns your take on reasonable

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay congrats Val !!! that is awesome!! I got with all my Gals on the 28th of Jan ... they will all be getting their sizes for their dresses as the dress have already been picked out !

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL Yesssss

I told her I was "ok with anything reasonable" which was my first mistake. our ideas of reasonable are quite different it turns out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics