Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Bridesmaid dresses

bride2be, on November 5, 2020 at 09:00 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Wedding is in August 2021.

With Covid going on, how early should bridesmaid dresses be purchased? Want them to come in on time.
TIA

7 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on November 22, 2020 at 23:16
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're planning on buying from a boutique or physical retailer, get them ASAP once lockdown is lifted since they tend to take a while longer.

If you're ordering online from sites like Azazie, you have a bit more time. Our bridesmaid dresses came in just under the two month mark and even when we did an exchange, it didn't take long. But I would order no later than March to have it arrive by June at the latest so they have time to take it to a seamstress for alterations.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree, I would purchase as soon as possible. We ordered ours in October of last year for what was supposed to be a this August wedding and they arrived in March.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're ordering them from a bridal salon I would order soon. I was in a wedding where we ordered them in October and they came in in April or May.

If you're ordering online you probably have a little more time, as they usually have stock in various sizes in their warehouse. A lot of sites will let you "try on" by ordering several and giving you a return deadline for the ones you don't want. That way you could have a bit of a try on session together!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can ask your bridesmaids to order base on their size customized online or in person depending if the store will take appointments.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would purchase as soon as you can. You never know these days how long it's going to take for them to have your orders come in.

• Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered ours right after covid hit. It took almost 5 months for it to arrive.

• Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is October 23 2021, my girls got their dresses last month and they’ll be in by February! Ordered early just in case things close again, too nervous about the potential of that happening and not knowing when things will reopen.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics