Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaid dresses

Ashley, on April 8, 2020 at 14:00 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

I've been looking at dusty rose/pink (darker preferred) and slate blue dresses for my bridesmaids. I'm leaning towards letting them pick between the two colours, but I wanted to see if anyone has photos of their maids in those dress colours and the men are in navy suits? I just wanna see what it would look like! My wedding isn't for a long time but I have nothing else to do while on quarantine.

Also where you go the dresses would be extremely helpful. TIA

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 28, 2020 at 23:43
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have decided on navy dresses and suites. We don't have any photos yet of the suites but we bought the bridesmaid dresses from Laura Canada https://laura.ca/

Bridesmaid dresses 1

• Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to do that exactly too! my sister told me she thought it would look like a baby shower so I dropped it ,but it's still in the back of my mind

• Tiffany
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whaaaat? I've never heard of this. So cool!

• Tanya
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used a site called Bridesmade, they are based out of Kingston and have an option to rent dresses. They also have at home try on kits.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the color palette! I had the exact same thought (my colors are sage green, cream, copper) so different but same concept. I personally haven't seen rose and slate blue in person but I looked on pinterest and those colors look great together.

Anyways, https://www.dressandcharm.com/products/26-free-fabric-swacthes-up-to-6-colors.html

would be a great start if this is a dress that you are interested in ... right now they are sending you up to 6 color swatches for free so it might be a good start for you.

I just ordered mine and they arrived within a week I think - the color and quality of fabric was really good. It might be easier for you to see the colors side by side this way.

Good luck!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try googling it or look on weddingwires real wedding pages and have a look through for the colors you are looking for

• First
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    First ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I haven’t gotten my bridesmaids dresses yet, but the store that I got my wedding dress from offers a 10% discount on bridesmaids dresses if you bought your wedding dress there... so I’m going to look there when it opens!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have those colours for my wedding party, but I did a quick google search of those colours and I think they all go great together! Personally I would go with just the dusty rose but that's because I wouldn't want it to be too dark looking (just my preference).

As for where - I went to a local store (got married last year), but the store was only willing to order dresses for us latest 6 months before the wedding date (just to give you an idea as to when you should order by (if you wait and then go to a store).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics