Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted February 2020 Ontario

Bridesmaid Dresses

Emily, on October 13, 2018 at 11:15 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

Hey girls.. I need some help!

I havent had any luck finding bridesmaid dresses that I like, but I loveeeee these ones! I really like the illusion sleeves (winter wedding) and the long skirts. But I haven’t been able to find them anywhere! Has anyone seen anything similar? They don’t need to be so modest, more just I want the girls to be comfortable in the cold! Also, I’m trying to keep them well under $200!

Also, if anyone has any colour suggestions, that would be great. Our colours are grey and pink, however, I don't think that pink will look great in the winter, and I find it is a bit much if all the girls are dressed in pink. I am leaning towards grey, with blush flowers in the bouquets. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!! Smiley smile

Bridesmaid Dresses 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on October 19, 2018 at 12:01
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! I definitely think that I looked at this dress on Lulu's but was a bit apprehensive on the quality - I do really love the open back!

• L
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've gotten loads of dresses from lulus and they all have good fit and quality, this style looks like a less modest version of the ones in your original photo https://www.lulus.com/products/awaken-my-love-burgundy-long-sleeve-lace-maxi-dress/390892.html And they have lots of similar styles too.
  • Emily
    Newbie June 2020 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always see dresses like this on 1861.ca Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What I will say. for DB bridesmaid dresses. I have always been able to buy them and have minimal to no alterations. because they have ALL the sizing (and are normal sizing). which is awesome.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES!!!!!

Thank you so much! It is at the higher end of the budget - but thank you so much!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I JUST FOUND THIS DRESS Smiley smile
    if you go on david's bridal (and once it loads to Canada).

search this style number F19908

the only thing is...it is 200 Canadian.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great point! Thank you! I will definitely keep my eye out over the next few months.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! I really appreciate it!
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I would start keeping an eye out as it comes to winter. I was looking for dresses for my winter wddding this year.. couldn’t find any.. picked some different ones and now that we are closer to winter the style I was looking for is everywhere!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know where you would find these, but try bridal salons in the wintertime, they might have these something similar then! Also bring the photo of the pictures so you can show them what you're looking for.

Also, I think the grey will look great with blush flowers in a winter wedding!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Silver is one of my colours, I think silver dresses would be awesome. Or even a dark grey, to really make your dress "pop"!

I'm gonna share one grain of sad truth I discovered (also Winter wedding, wanting long dresses).... That it's virtually impossible to get long bridesmaid dresses (that are of good quality) under $200... Especially if you want lace/sleeves, etc.... I even got mine from David's Bridal, no sleeves, and with tax my girl's dresses were $280...

I tried to do some internet searching... I found a website called ASOS... never heard of it before but they had 2 really cute options in your colour scheme, under $200 CDN.... Not lace, I know, but still very Winter wedding-esque.

Taupe Blush Dress

Charcoal Dress

I found ONE long sleeve dress on JJ's House... Which I believe people have said is pretty good... Again, not lace, but beading to look lace-ish.... I think this dress is stunning, but it's $204CDN.... You can see it in different colours... Personally, I think the "Steel Grey" colour would look AWESOME with blush pink flowers...

Beaded Sleeves

I hope you find what you're looking for! I know bridesmaid dresses can be more difficult than our own wedding gowns... Good luck!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics