Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renée
Beginner May 2023 Ontario

Bridesmaid drama

Renée, on June 19, 2019 at 18:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
Hi everyone! I got engaged in July 2018 and we're planning to get married in July 2021. I already chose my bridesmaids but now I'm having some regrets. I created a WhatsApp group specifically for my girls but I noticed one wasn't really participating. I figured it was because she's shy so I left it alone. Last week she messaged me to tell me that she refuses to participate or attend my wedding because her ex-friend is on my tentative guest list. Now she refuses to talk to me and ignores my messages. What should I do?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Renée, on August 21, 2019 at 17:01
  • Renée
    Renée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ❤️ it's nice to know that other people have my back lol
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh well its for the better. you dont need that negativity when you should be jumping for joy!!

• Renée
    Renée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She kicked herself out lol and our friendship is over because of something so petty. The other bridesmaids are a bit relieved because her energy was so negative which made things a lot more duffi
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jeeze that sucks! who cares if that person will be at the wedding she wont have to talk to them. ugh so much unnecessary drama! if shes not going to talk to you i would kick her out lol

• Jennifer
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! As if planning a wedding isn't stressful enough. I agree with the other ladies, it's a good thing all this came out before the day of the wedding. Remember the day is about you and your FH so if someone doesn't support you then they're better off not being involved at all.

Weddings seem to bring out drama unfortunately Smiley sad

Keep your head up girl!

• Renée
    Renée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! Well she blocked and deleted me and my fiance so it's safe to say the friendship is over but it wasn't my doing. Life goes on with or without her!
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Say bye bye and move on. You dont need that drama mama messing up your special day. Nobody is that important to cause you so much stress. I banned my own parents for this reason! You have more girls there who are more then happy to be in your bridal party

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, how old is this "friend" of yours? She's acting like a child and being completely ridiculous. If she wants to act like a lunatic and ignore you because of a guest, then I think you should just let her. You're still far out enough from your wedding that you can replace her in your bridal party or just leave the spot empty.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg don't give her another thought. If she's that upset over an ex friend being there she's got some of her own issues to sort out and you have enough to worry about without her being on your mind too.

I had some guests at the wedding who use to date others and broke up, people who weren't on good terms. You know what we did? We didn't sit them next to each other! THAT'S IT! If they can't act like an adult for one evening then that's their problem and not yours.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely wouldn't waste any time of this girl. One of my bridesmaids was a little ticked an ex-friend was invited as a guest, but is still motivated to be a bridesmaid and a supportive friend at my wedding.

If she's willing to risk a friendship with you over an ex-friend, you don't need that.

• Tara
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone above. She made her decision to not support your wedding because of one person on the guest list. That’s her problem, not yours. It’s sad she doesn’t want to support and celebrate you, but someone else is willing and able.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do not waste your time on this girl. If she has stated that she will not participate or attend your wedding then so be it. She is throwing a trantrum in the hopes that you will pick her side over her ex best friend which she will then hold over the ex friend. Move on and be thankful this happened now rather than later.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids do not get a say in the guest list. Point blank.

She sounds immature and selfish. She has already removed herself from the wedding by not responding to you. She's throwing a tantrum. This is not a good friend.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Drop her as a friend.

You don't need that in your life. She sounds immature, unsupportive, and selfish.

We're here for you though, so if anything comes of not inviting her to the wedding or her friend not being happy about it let us know and we'll come for her!! lol

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would dump her, if she can't realize that her ex is on your lists because hes a friend and they can't get past there differences for your sake then thats sad. You still have a long way to go and if shes acting like this now it will only get worse

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you got lucky on this one for many reasons! One, this person is not a good friend. They are clearly selfish and driven by their own agenda. I’m really sorry you’re losing a friend but I would consider myself lucky!

also, she has basically done your dirty work for you and removed herself from the equation. You don’t need someone standing up with you who doesn’t pull their own weight! Or contribute at all!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It seems she has made her mind up and doesn't feel comfortable around the 1 individual in your wedding party. Let her be and wish you were there. Don't let this ruin your day as its just adding fuel to your planning.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This could be a blessing in disguise! use this opportunity to talk to her, and if she isn’t willing to be a mature adult, tell her you don’t think having her as a bridesmaid would be a good idea. you still have lots of time to add her back if she changes her tune!
  • Renée
    Renée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She already removed herself from the WhatsApp group before all of this and when I asked why she ignored my question and changed the topic. Now that this has come out I asked her again why she left and she said it's because everyone was annoying her and she doesn't like group chats. The rest of the bridal party are pretty much over her at this point.
  • Renée
    Renée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I tried to reach out to her but she won't answer my calls or messages. I've known the other person longer than I've known her and that person is best friends with one of my very close friends. I feel bad because if I don't invite her and invite her best friend she would be crushed as we all hang out together often. My MOH and FH both agree that the guest list should remain the same and if she wants to remove herself then so be it.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow. To be honest, that is very immature. It is your wedding day, and you can invite whoever you want.
    I would be straight up with her and let her know that this guest will be invited, she does not have to talk to this guest or associate herself with this guest. If she cannot be mature and civil for one day, I would not have her as part of the wedding party, and just invite her. Then it would be up to her if she came or not.
    Like Seleena said, that may cause more drama, but it will just have to be addressed right away
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is awful for her to do. I would either talk to her about it or maybe just remove her as a bridesmaid. Although that can cause other issues on its own.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics