Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sydney
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Bridesmaid/bridal hairstyles

Sydney, on August 28, 2017 at 21:54 Posted in Beauty 0 21

I would love to see everyone's inspiration for bridal hairstyles, and bridesmaid hairstyles! I can't decide on much of anything, especially because all of the bridesmaids have different hair lengths ranging from a short bob, to waist-length hair. Would their hairstyles look better all up/all down? Would it look okay if they're all different? What about bridal hair? So many decisions haha!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 17, 2024 at 16:34
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a black tie wedding and everyone in our bridal party is wearing their hair up. We haven’t decided on a hairdo yet
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

bridal hair

Above is my hair style, i want something elegant but not too complicated. my hair is only medium length so i have more limited options. My bridesmaids can do whatever they want for their hair. I dont think they need to all have updos or all have it down.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have given all my bridesmaids the option of having their hair up or down so that they are all comfortable. I have explained to them what I want done with my hair so they don't copy my do. They all have very different hair and types of hair so they appreciated being able to do what makes them comfortable.

• K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your day Smiley smile ... I feel like I'm a but more controlling and would tell them all what I want (all a loose low bun with a flower) or something... I plan on paying for their hair and make up and I have a vision lol I'm not picky about a lot of things but I want uniform pictures to keep Smiley smile

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for creating this thread, loving the ideas!

• Melissa
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG all of you gorgeous brides Smiley heart

I am doing my hair half up half down and then having my hairdresser pin the down part up into a bun for the reception.

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what I'm thinking for me. I have shoulder length hair but the back of my dress is pretty so I don't want anything covering is. As well I wanted something that looks pretty with my veil 😊

Bridesmaid/bridal hairstyles - 1

Bridesmaid/bridal hairstyles - 2

Bridesmaid/bridal hairstyles - 3

Bridesmaid/bridal hairstyles - 4
  • Sydney
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! You look absolutely beautiful, and I love the bridesmaid dresses!

• Sydney
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They all look awesome, and you look beautiful!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found this as my wedding hairstyle inspiration. I did it up for the ceremony and then let it down during the reception.

Hairstyle

I was really happy with how it turned out!

The hair

For my girls, they all had different types and lengths of hair so we decided to do a waterfall braid on the right side. Even though it was the same hairstyle, it looked different on each person which I loved.

My girls!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got them done at a little store on Chemong Road in Peterborough. Its called flowers by kay
  • K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Who did your flowers! I love them Smiley smile

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know that I want to have my hair down and in curls with some pieces pulled back, and so I wanted to make sure that my bridesmaids didn't have the exact same style as me. I talked to them and they all wanted to have up-dos, so it is going to work out that I will be the only one with my hair down. The girls are open to do whatever kind of up-do they want, I don't mind as long as they love it!

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it looks really nice having everyone in different styles, whatever suits them best and makes them feel comfortable for the day. As for yourself, I think your style of dress would influence your hairstyle a bit. For me, I am in love with the back of my dress, so I am wearing my hair up to show it off. I definitely suggest having a trial with your stylist prior to the big day so you can really nail down what you want for the day of so there are no surprises/disappointment.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my girls all had different hairstyles! I let them choose whatever they wanted because we all have different likes and dislikes!

hairstyleshairstyles

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you can totally have your girls with different hairstyles. I think the least stressful option is to let everyone pick what they are comfortable with for the day especially if they all have different lengths.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad to be of assistance!

• Sydney
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea!

• Sydney
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, thanks! I didn't think having all different hair styles would look so great, but I love that!

You look stunning by the way!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want them to look somewhat similar, you can always incorporate the same hair jewelry or flower and let them wear their own style.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls hair and my hair. We all did different, whatever we felt comfortable in!

Bridesmaid/bridal hairstyles - 1

Bridesmaid/bridal hairstyles - 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics