Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaid Apparel

Holly, on February 28, 2018 at 17:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14
Hello all!

So I recently bought my wedding dress (yay!). It is a tea length dress ( I will attach a photo). We are getting married in a barn and both my fiance and I will be wearing cowboy boots. We decided against having our wedding party wearing them too due to the fact that a couple of them voiced concerns about their personal comfort in them so we took that into consideration and decided they will not wear them.
So this is a two part question..
Part one: what length/style dress do you think would look good with my dress? I feel concerned about it looking weird if they have a similar length to me, but it's an early summer wedding so I'm concerned they may be too hot with a full length dress. As of right now I'd like them all to pick their own dress but same length and material.
Part two: what foot wear should they wear? I still want their foot wear to be kind of rustic and match the theme but obviously not cowboy boots..

Thank you!!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on March 4, 2018 at 01:12
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! The bootie is perfect! I had mentioned these before. Should've thought to post a pic too lol
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls picked their own dresses... 3 went with short and 2 went with long... But i think they both look good with tea length! If it is hot though short is probably a more comfortable option for them.

As far as footwear goes they can probably get away with almost anything. Somebody suggested tan leather wedges which i think would be adorable or theres lots of super cute flats out there that could work.

Just so you have an idea of what long and short dresses look like with a tea length:

Bridesmaid Apparel 1
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think High-Low bridesmaid dressed would look really nice with your dress!

As for footwear, I feel you can go a few different ways:

Beige booties, with a chunky heel. I have a pair similar to these with a peep toe, plus you can find them with as much or as little of a heel as you want!Bridesmaid Apparel 2

Tan-Leather wedges, if your girls are ok with heels. Bridesmaid Apparel 3

Tan-Leather flats, no heels and you get a rustic vibeBridesmaid Apparel 4

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don't want them to look to uniform you could have some of them wearing short, some wearing high-low dresses and I also love dresses that are short but with a sheer long skirt. As for shoes if you don't want to go with cowboy boots but want to stay rustic, a great idea are some comfy leather lace up flats, or even some lace-burlap toms. Smiley smile

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree that their dresses should be a different length so that your dress is more of a focus. Most short bridesmaids dresses fall just above or below the knee so they would be higher than yours - so that would be cute.

I second the idea of a cowboy boot-like short bootie. Maybe just suggest a colour (ie brown or black) if you're worried about the uniformity.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My one bridesmaid has larger legs and she's worn cowboy boots and she said they made her feel insecure about her legs so I'd never put her in that situation. I'd love the boots but not worth her feelings bad about how she looks. I'm sure we'll find something fun and rustic still.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm just not sure if I want all our dresses looking "uniform" I like the idea of mine being a different length than theirs.. and I did recommend a bootie style and I think I won them over!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm thinking I might lean towards a high low, just not sure if that will look good.
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my bridesmaids said she's worried about boots being comfortable and asked that she just where them for ceremony and pictures and change at the reception, so that's her plan! We are all wearing boots
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the same length as your would look more uniform, them in a long dress may look too formal. I so wish they were down for the boots that would've been so cute! But maybe they could wear a chunky heel bootie? You ever see the ones they kind of have a cowboy boot feel but aren't?
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cute dress!! I'd go for short bridesmaids dresses and an easy black or nude neutral shoe! You can play up the rustic feel in the looser hairstyles and bouquets!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They could do cute and simple ballet flats or some sandal types for foot wear, as for the dress length I think a cute knee length dress would look really cute and would probably be something they could wear again
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress!

For the bridesmaids' lengths I'd go just below the knee. Longer than you might be too formal especially for a barn wedding.

Footwear I have no ideas on though, especially if you don't want them in boots... hopefully someone else will have some ideas!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My picture didn't attach lol

Bridesmaid Apparel 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics