Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Bridesmaid and moh major issues

Cc, on May 31, 2022 at 05:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
So my girls ordered their dresses together just so dyed etc stay the same. They are paying for the attire as I chose to gift them. Well now I'm caught in the middle of there issues because one doesn't wanna give the money the other wants to hold the dress until she receives the money. I have no idea what in the world to do as I say I'm literally caught in the middle of this and I feel this is going to ruin things with this kinda childish games. Please any input would be appreciated!!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on June 2, 2022 at 10:39
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bravo Christine!
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mentally draining is an understatement! I had to back away before I lose my cool. I then spoke with them together and I made it clear that if there is going to be issues they shouldn't have had chosen the job! That I ain't the messenger and don't deserve to be caught in the middle and for them to put on their big girl panties and confront each other and also well they need to work as a team. Thank goodness there ain't anymore of them to deal with or I'd runaway 🤯
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup believe me that really crossed my mind!! I let piece be for a moment. I bit the bullet this morning and spoke to them this morning and told them straight up that they need to be responsible adults and work things out together and that I don't deserve to be put in the middle of something really so simple to figure out that I'm not the messenger that they need to put on their big girl panties and confront each other. I also said that as of today there is no more drama if there is and that if the whole thing is going to be an issue for any reason then they shouldn't have chosen to take the job. My significant others groomsmen did the same thing ordered together and the other paid the other back and they had no issues. Not sure why it is for woman 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding planning is stressful enough on it's own-you don't need the added drama right now!

My suggestion is to decide if you need both people in the party at all? If your cousin isn't interested in paying for her dress and you feel is trying to cause friction in your friendship with your MOH- ask her to step down and come as a guest. Either replace her with someone else (hopefully the dress fits) or return the dress.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry you are dealing with this it’s no fun to have drama within your bridal party.
    Seems like you’ve have quite a few issues with your bridesmaids after seeing some of your posts. Maybe you should Reevaluate who you want to be in your party? It may be clear that the drama is not going to end with them. Do you want that for your entire planning process? You deserve to be happy during this time!!
    If I were you I’d cut the toxic ones out and keep the real ones. Nobody’s got time for toxicity and it’s mentally draining which is not what you need when you are already going through the stress of planning your wedding. You need a support system
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes girl it crossed my mind but I really took into consideration that if you can buy tickets to a kanye brown concert the same day your suppose to send money to someone for a dress then you can pay ur dress because there ain't no financial issues in my opinion!! Oh yes I see and hear everything. I think people should pay close attention to what the post or say via social media you'll get caught one way or another 🧐
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this - It’s the last thing you need and a bridal party is meant to take stress off of you, not add more. I can’t imagine not sending the person who ordered the money as the order was being placed even so that’s really frustrating - Both for you and your bridesmaid that paid for it. If you are able to, could you potentially, quietly pay your bridesmaid for the dress and speak to your MOH about paying you back - Maybe it’s a money thing and she needs to pay slowly? I always said in the back of my head if one of my girls needed help that way, I’d offer it, if I could at the time but that really relies on them coming to you quietly not starting this.
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes my bridesmaid paid for my MOH dress and my MOH said she would send the money well unfortunately it hasn't been received. It was done that way because the dresses were ordered online due to the fact there could be a difference in dye they were informed about that via the company. Now unfortunately I'm caught in the middle between my best friend and my cousin because I have to be the messenger to get this crap fixed when they decided to do it that way. Its ridiculous and yes I'll admit I'm about to lose it I'm about to start pulling hair out. My own children are easier to handle than these two woman. I literally feel there trying to either divide my friendships with each other or put a road block in wedding.
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you saying that one of the girls bought the dresses on another’s behalf and now that other girl won’t give her money for it? Personally, I would say the person asking for the money is in the right - Weddings and being part of weddings is expensive enough as it is and she shouldn’t be out money because someone else is refusing to send her money, as promised. I would have no problem cutting anyone causing unnecessary drama from the wedding party and returning the dress, if possible. We had a zero drama policy for our wedding and made sure it was known - We had no issues but I was happy to take that approach and deal with consequences after the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics