Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Corrissa
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaid and moh gifts

Corrissa, on June 29, 2020 at 07:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 11
Hey Brides.. what are you planning / what did you get your bridesmaids for their gift? Do you get your MoH something different from your bridesmaids ? Did you / will you get a gift for MOB and MOG?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 14, 2020 at 10:00
  • Taylor
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of my girls are completely different so I actually mixed it up quite a bit. A few things I have slowly purchased over the past year (I am done shopping now for them, which is fantastic):

A fun beach bag each, a flask, funny tshirts to match their personalities, a luggage tag for the traveler, a music note necklace for the musician, a makeup bag with quote for the makeup obsessed. I also get them robes to get ready in, a sparkly gold clutch, and I am paying their makeup! I avoided anything that said MOH or Bridesmaid for the most part because I wanted the gift to be about them, not about them in my wedding.

I skipped on jewellery because they are all soooo different and I didn't want to choose for them.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only had MOHs and they received a perfume sampler box to get the fragrance they like from Shoppers Drug Mart. The simple the gift the better being the same.

You do have choices to give anything based on what they are wearing or like.

Jewelry to match their dresses

Hair/Make up paid for them as a token of gift

Medi/Pedi beforehand paid by you

Gift bag/box with getting ready items for the day.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH loves perfume so I'm going to buy her a perfume sampler. She can chose which fragrance she likes the best. I would pay for her hair and makeup also but she is really good at doing it herself and hates anyone else doing it. My mom and FMIL I'll pay for their hair and makeup. Not sure what else we want to do for them.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m bankrolling their hair and makeup! I also bought everyone a robe for the morning of. Something they can hopefully wear again—aka it doesn’t have their role or my wedding date stitched onto it ahah. I got these in part because I selfishly wanted the cute pictures 😉
  • Brittany
    Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All my bridesmaids are in to different things and styles so I decided to skip on jewelry. Only 2/4 get their nails done or a spa day or anything like that. I decided that I’m going to get each of them a small succulent. That’s something I think they would each like equally.
  • L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve got each of my bridesmaids and MOH the same gift. I got them a pair of pjs for the day of to wear while we are getting ready, a necklace to go with their dresses, a coach clutch because who will remember to bring one. I’m going to fill it with Kleenex, lip gloss, gum. I’m also paying for hair and makeup!
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cute!! Yah that’s super easy just 1 person .. I have 4 bridesmaids and a MOH..
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have my MOH standing up for me so it was super easy for me to choose on what I'm giving her! I've already given her a wine glass that says MOH on it. The day of the wedding I'm giving her earrings to go with the dress and a Pandora charm. I don't have a picture of the charm but It'll probably be something along the lines of a best friend charm!

Bridesmaid and moh gifts 1

• Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yah that’s a cute idea.. thank you.!!
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got all my bridesmaids and maid of honor the same gift, I made them all a pair of earrings to wear for the wedding day. They are freshwater pearls that they can wear after the wedding also since they aren't too over the top. MOG and MOB we haven't planned anything for yet, but I like Amelia's idea of taking them to lunch for one on one time
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always been a bigger fan of experiences instead of things. Personally I don't want a mug or robe that says "bridesmaid" that I'll never use after the wedding and those seem to be common.

Maybe a gift card for a restaurant/spa/fav store that suits their personalities? I've also heard of brides paying for hair and makeup in lieu of a gift. You could also plan little one on one dates with each of them for some quality time since it can be so hard to connect in the busy weeks leading up to your wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics