Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Curious May 2022 Ontario

Bridemaids dresses advice

Jamie, on November 24, 2019 at 15:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

I have four bridemaids, I have two might be more challenging when picking the dress.
One does not have much money but really wants to be part of my wedding she can afford around $160.
I have another who lives a bit further away so it'll be harder for her come back and forth to get a dress..
Any suggestions on what I could do?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on November 27, 2019 at 16:53
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls also went the online route. We got from Lulus, and the they only spent around $90 each, and the dresses were beautiful.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would buy online its way cheaper than in store. you can get dresses for less than $100!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second Azazie! I/my mom was skeptical of ordering online but you can do custom sizing, which definitely translated to less alterations for your bridesmaids! The quality was just as good as any physical bridesmaid dress shop - and they're really affordable!

Bridemaids dresses advice 1

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my girls went to Hush here in Winnipeg and the dresses were all around $120 so it's for sure doable. Just need to look for dress stores that are in that price range Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Azazie.ca has tons of affordable options!!

• Jamie
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your advice. Smiley smile

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you already decided on colors?

I see on your profile that your wedding colors are black and white, what about black dresses of a similar length? That way everyone can stick to their own budget and get something that flatters them. They might even have something in their closet and for once the "you can totally wear it again!" line would be true!
    Azazie has decent prices, so does lulus. Bridemaids dresses advice 2Bridemaids dresses advice 3
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lots of designers are carried in stores all over the place. As long as all the girls choose the same designer, it's fairly easy to have them all match, no matter where they are. The stores can even contact each other to ensure they have the same dresses and colours. If you and your girls are comfortable with ordering online, you can go that route too to get a match.

As for accommodating lower budgets, David's Bridal is quite affordable. OR if you don't have your heart set on everyone being matchy-matchy, you can go the mismatched route as well so they can choose whatever dresses they like and can afford, as long as the colours complement each other.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Davids bridal is pretty much everywhere and very affordable. I would pick a color and let her go to the store near her. She can then try on what you like or pick a style she likes.

All the store have the sames colors to ensure color coordination.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics