Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list?

Carine, on July 11, 2022 at 13:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 32

I've been seeing and hearing a lot about a shot list:

Do you have one?

What is your must have photo shot?

Where did you find your inspiration?

32 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on August 23, 2022 at 08:09
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley shame I honestly can not wait

• Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww of course. I’ll check in here often. That is good. That is a really good idea. That way you will have a ton of pictures to look back
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same found mine on marketplace and he is ready to do what I tell him and he is also one to go with the flow. I want to have polaroid cameras on each table so I can see what my guests have captured.

Next year I will post pictures. Smiley laugh Again congratulations we will for sure keep in touch.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks Carine. 😍 yes take lots and lots of picture!! I got to say, my photographer I found through marketplace was very energetic!! I love to take photos but if I’m tired then that means she was doing her job. Couldn’t be happier!!🤗🤗😁 good luck and can’t wait for your big day 😍😘
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You married the right man lol, I honestly love your photos and will be on my shot list for sure. Smiley shame

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Carine, you need to do this one!!! I regret it so much!! My husband said why don’t you say so right when the ceremony is over and we walked out. Since we were waiting for our flowers girl aka my daughter 😂😂😂 also my husband is very mindful about my parents. They’re not very fond of PDA😂😂😂😬😬😬 that’s the only thing I wished I’ve done 😁
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These shots are exactly the candid vibe and not the forced vibe, Love these shots. Especially the one the bride is sitting on the groom.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a beautiful shot, and can still be very natural!

I sent my photographer some of these...hopefully these moments happen organically at some point throughout the night LOL

Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 1

Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 2

Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 3

Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 4

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My must is a group shot for sure. I like that idea candid moments, I do find they turn out better than forced photos. My friends wedding I found it staged between the bride and groom and wedding party, like they had a permanent fake smile on the entire time until they were able to let loose, I for sure don't want that. If your guest can see you fake smiling imagine what the photographer catches.

This is hands down on my want list

Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 5

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did give my photographer a shot list. They had asked for a "Portrait List" and a "Favourite List"...portraits I do have a few in mind with certain people but my top 3 are, a photo of all the women together, a photo of all the men together and than a group shot of everyone! We have a small guest count of 23 people so I figure a group shot is totally doable and how often can you get a shot with everyone in it? I think that's special. For the favourites I saved some photos off Pinterest and sent them in but mainly I said I wanted candid shots of people having fun, couples dancing, etc. I think those are the sweetest to capture! : )

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same we took the smallest package and gave us an extra 1 hour for free or a movie poster, we thought the poster was cute. I'm not one for having photo albums so we will probably only print a few anyways. I am happy with the price anything more would be a waste of money.

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We did both... we encouraged our guests to take photos and to upload them to our WedShoots album (we got about 12 attendees - about 20% - who did so), and we hired the pro photographer. We did not want to spend a fortune on photos and video, as amazing as some of those little wedding movies are, it is quite expensive, so we went with a smaller package of photos (400 HD edited photos + USB hard-drive of all photos).

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I asked mine if he mind if I had one, he was okay with it, but I am not sure if there's photos that I desperately need. TBH I didn't even want to have a photographer, we were both happy with throw away cameras for our guest and get photos they've captured, but I was told not to cheap out and that it 1 of couples biggest regret.

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer asked for a shot list (and then good thing I had printed it because he didn't bring it with him!), so i did all the iterations of family members and bridal party combos that I could come up with. Also specific couple shots that we wanted, and a group shot with all attendees after the ceremony. We also asked my BIL to act as "photographer wrangler" - gave him the shot list and he basically got all the people needed for each shot prepared so they weren't off somewhere when we needed them and that worked well. I also made a zip file of pics I found of other weddings that I liked, and a file of those that I didn't like, to give him an idea of our style. We'll see if that worked, we're waiting to receive our photos, but he didn't make us do any awkward cheesy shots so fingers crossed!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha. That’s a good one.
    But yeah, that’s a good idea too.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is 100% what I will need to do, stop looking lol. My MOH even said the same, she was like enough pinterest after you buy your dress.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Once I said yes to my dress I didn't look at another dress again! Same with our flowers once we bought them I didn't go looking for other ideas.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pinterest made me rethink my bouquet. So now I avoid bouquets on Pinterest. After seeing it in person I fell in love and was like no more. I'm afraid I will do the same with my dress. Seeing how some brides are doubting their dresses, that will be me!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally get that! I looked at pinterest once and had to stop!! I found that there was too much to consider. I'm a merchandiser in my job field so it kind of comes naturally to me putting things together so I said forgot pinterest 🤣
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I messaged my photographer right away asking if he was okay with a list and he was open so that's a start. Now I'm on Pinterest seeing what I would love to have.

This site is sometimes a curse, every time I think I am done planning, someone comes up with an idea or something I've never heard of and I'm oh good to know need to add this to my list.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is! It's hopefully going to be a part of our golden hour photos

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I think I will have my MC carry that photo list and chase our photographer around.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A must for me would be a group photo, it will be easy since I don't have a large guest list. love these photos of your wedding thank you for sharing.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do have some beautiful shots, but I wish I had really pointed out what was important for me and make sure he was aware and to get it done.

Oh yes, Pinterest have beautiful options. My advise would be to… Highlight important ones and make it known to your photographer.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no that is a shame, hopefully you got better photos than what your list had to make up for it?

I feel Pinterest would be the best for inspiration.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would love a silly one from the groom and groomsman since they are a silly bunch.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess I should go on Pinterest and see what I would like to recreate. Love these ideas the one with the sunset is beautiful.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Indian families are big anf can't fit everyone for the pre wedding shots. The immediate family members are the onea who will be with you as you get ready. The rest of the families and guests after the ceremony Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 6

Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 7

can be put into groups to have one photo to avoid each family alone. Here is the idea for before and and after photos
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I created a list and gave my photographer. I think he forgot all about it and put it aside. But oh well, it’s a good idea to make it known of the importance should you create one. You can find a lot of ideas/list online as well. Or you can recreate your own with ideas and actual photos to give them an idea
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The shot list is mainly the family and friends portraits. Other than that, we winged the couples photos and allowed the photographer to come up with something creative. Once in a while, the groomsmen and I would have a funny pose we asked for but it wasn't something we put on paper saying to the photographer "make sure we have this!!!"

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also have a list of family photos that are a must and who is in each photo
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have one! I asked our photographer if we could give a few photos to recreate for us and she was totally on board. I actually just got these photos from other photographers who had done weddings at our venue.
    These are the ones we are recreating
    Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 8
    Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 9
    Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 10
    Bride or groom to be do you have a Shot list? 11

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics