Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cockerton
Curious October 2022 Ontario

Bridal Shows?

Cockerton, on February 12, 2020 at 21:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
I went to my first bridal show on the weekend and was not sure what to expect. It was pretty small and I have most of my vendors so I am not sure if it is a waste of time to attend any more? I have photographer, Officient, DJ booked and not going with a planner. Some of the favours were okay but I think we are doing a diy favour of home made maple syrup in little jars. (Oh Canada 🇨🇦!)

Is it worth going to any more bridal shows and if so are there any local (GTA or Niagara) ones you’d recommend?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 18, 2020 at 16:49
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just went for the give aways i went to the big one in downtown toronto which i believe was in jan... cant remember the name but if you have your vendors booked i wouldnt bother going

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s still worth going to enter your name into all the giveaways! 😂
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It seems like a fun bride experience to do. Even though I don’t think I’ll find any vendors from going to one (I haven’t been to one yet, and would need to find one in my schedule) I think it’s something every bride should experience once to enjoy feeling like a bride. A friend of mine went to one, and she said she never got to show off her ring or tell her proposal story more within a short amount of time than she did that day (every vendor is working to get your attention, so even if it’s not sincere, there reeeeeealy food at making you feel super special in that moment as they dawn over you). Unfortunately I missed the one she went to, but she had a really fun time
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have your venue? Maybe you can go to open houses instead of bridal shows where you can see their roster of preferred vendors. Though sometimes a bridal show takes place in a wedding venue like a convention centre.

Definitely only go to the free ones. Personally unless you have a ton of money to spend, they're more for inspiration than actual purchase of service. I find the vendors catering to modest budgets won't be at these shows anyway. It costs a lot of money to rent a booth at these things and they can't afford to go unless they're charging big bucks from the clients.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one in Niagara the fall before I got married. I had free tickets for it, so really thats the only reason I went. It was great to see all the vendors, and think about some different outfits for the flower girl, but other than that, I found it to be a bit of a waste of time.

We did get free cupcakes lol, but we had a cake vendor booked already

I think it really depends on what you are looking for, and what vendors you still need.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find that going to wedding shows are just a way to get clients getting services from vendors that have such extreme prices for what they offer. Going to shows for free is great as long as you are looking for ideas of décor and colour. Otherwise, I know there are some shows that you have to pay to enter and that's not worth it if you feel your going to just look around.

We did attend a show to see what was out there being a small one too. Nothing came to mind due to prices and being too much to have done. My vendor team was also completed by then feeling good to know that none at the show were being considered to add.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one bridal show when it was here in September. I had quite a bit already booked but went to look for any other decor ideas, bridesmaid dresses ideas, etc. It was fun to go and see everything that they had there but I don't think I'll go again. When I looked at the vendor listings for the upcoming one, they were the same as the last and I don't really want to spend more money to go and look at the same things.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, I went to the one here in WPG in both 2018 and 2019 and found that both times we won something which was awesome. Plus free alcohol tasting!! lol But really, I need something both times. I would say that if you don't need anything else (hair & makeup, photobooth, late night snack, cake, etc.) and you don't enjoy going then skip it. I know that I liked being asked to see the ring and asked when the date was Smiley tongue

Pro - tip for people who go to these: Bring a label sheet with your name, address, email, phone number, and wedding date!! Made entering all of the draws super easy!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to the one in Niagara last September and I ended up winning my photobooth. I went back in January because I wanted to take my 4 year old daughter to the fashion show and I was still looking at cupcake ideas. My niece and daughter had such a blast and if my entourage had been louder I would have won a designed ring. I went after 2 so that I paid half price and kids were free so it was worth the $10 I spent.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I felt the same way after visiting one. At the time I had no vendors and I didn't find any I liked there. Now we've got the big stuff done and the little things I don't think I'm likely to find at a wedding show.

For me I would go for the fun of it if the tickets were cheaper than going to the movies. There was one recently where the tickets were $40 each (and you almost never go to these things alone) so I skipped it. Sometimes they can be good to get you in the spirit and get a little inspiration.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics