Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Beginner September 2022 Ontario

Bridal Shows

Taylor, on July 25, 2019 at 10:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hey everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone has attended bridal shows and if you've managed to save any money on your vendors by going? I have a venue and a photographer picked out for my wedding that is over two years away and I would hate to lose our dream location and photographer by waiting to book them but there's a bridal show in about 6 weeks and I'm wondering if I should hold out to see if I can save some money by attending the show.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 27, 2019 at 20:36
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been to one and I totally recommend going. they are low cost, you get a lot of swag, discounts and ideas. I really only found one vendor at a show but a lot of the things I had at my wedding were ideas I got from the show. They literally have vendors for everything. they pretty much all offer discounts but you need to either book there or in a certain amount of time so it's not always possible, but it's still completely worth going. You can also win a lot of stuff.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they are going to be at the show ask them if they will be offering any discounts - if they won't be there and you are sure they are the vendors for you then BOOK THEM!!!

If not, then yes - discounts happen but not many for wedding season months (October - April/May is off-season). For the most part there are just lots of discounts on things you don't need like teeth whitening but draws for winning free stuff like an officiant or wedding planner Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I liked the Bridal Show in Toronto but I did not save any money with respect to vendors.

The good vendors do not give any discounts (or not very high ones any way). Most of them just email, call and do not stop bothering you for business - these ones are the ones I stayed away from.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Book them asap as they get booked fast especially for peak weekends Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they are your dream vendors, definitely don't wait out!! You're still early on in the process, so the bridal show can still be useful to find other vendors like DJs, bakers, caterers, etc. but don't wait out on a good vendor you already want to book!

You can also ask if they'll honour bridal show prices for you, if you explain your situation. Worst case, they'll say they can't.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t wait!!! book!!! i booked my photographer 2 years out and he’s raised his prices twice in the past year since i booked, and my wedding is still 10.5 months away!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any shows being bridal, wedding or anything related to vendors will have % or $ to save on by making a payment that day you attend itself. They isn't much difference in pricing as they can be regular and what they offer in the packages available. One catch though is gas charge for the distance if they add on that extra amount.

Always best to ask what special they have and how long until it ends so that you know and can make a decision in that time frame to get the price quoted.

Don't jump at the first deal you come across thinking its great and perfect just because the vendor has everything you want putting the deposit down being non-refundable.

Vendors will try to make you sign with them right away putting that pressure, don't fall for it for their word. They will probably say its the best deal you will get anywhere which isn't true at all.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It honestly depends on the bridal shows- The ones I would have saved money on were the cake vendors but most were already 80% booked when they attended the shows. There were catering places and few other places that got to see never heard of and get pricing. I wouldn't wait if this is whats holding you back. They give you swag bags and such but for photography none of them at shows I went to gave deals.

• Taylor
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to know!! A friend of mine is a big advocate for them but I would hate to lose the venue I have my heart set on especially if it turns out to be the same price
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one last fall, and honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference.

I had almost all of my vendors booked (except officiant, and floral) and actually found them at the show. But their prices were the same regardless if I went to the show or not.

My honest opinion would be to book the vendors that you want for sure, and then use the show to find ones you are missing! There are some draws you can enter in, but be very careful how much information you give, and to who. I still get calls from a few of the vendors who want me to book with them even after saying I didn't want to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics