Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Josceline
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

Bridal shower registry help

Josceline, on April 17, 2019 at 19:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey everyone,

i need some advice in regards to a bridal shower registry.

What items should I be putting on it?
What items should I not put on it?

we are registering online with MyRegistry.com as there is only Canadian tire that’s around me for registry’s. As of right now all that I have down on it are: kitchen aid mixer, vacuum, and a ninja coffee station.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
josceline

9 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 22, 2019 at 23:21
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Josceline,

I would add a variety of items that are in various price ranges for your guests to accommodate those who can and cannot afford those pricey big ticket items. Towels, plates, cutlery, pillows, wine glasses, serving ware. Home decor is also nice. I've seen picture frames, jewelry boxes, side table trays, table lamps etc.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We put mostly kitchen stuff on it, like some entertaining dishes, pots/pans, plates, upgraded kettle and coffee maker, etc. We also put some simple decoration stuff on it.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you use registry.com you can go to any store like CT snap the pic and add it to your registry.
    We got flatware, convection oven, Keurig, hand towels, etc. We didnt think to add rakes and shovels. We should've done that!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance have been living together for a few years now, so most of the stuff is replacements/upgrades for the hand-me-down items we got we we moved out of our parent's places. We don't have any serving bowls and platters, we put on new dinnerware, glassware, and flatware. We also put new towels. I wouldn't say we have a huge registry, but what we have on there, we genuinely love/need. I think The Knot has a very substantial registry list you can download. Its a good starting place if you're stuck. Cross off what you already have or don't want/need, and then go from there.

Also...Canadian tire does registries????! We checked there, because that's honestly what we really need is house things like rakes and shovels, tools, but they didn't do them!! Now I'm going to look, but I'm pretty sure my mom already ordered the shower invites that have our existing registries on there already.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure if you already live together or not - but me and my FH do and will have for just over a year by the time of our wedding. This is what i have down so far (other than what you have already put down):

~ Casserole Dishes

~ Mixing Bowls

~ Wok Pan (we really like stir fry)

~ Pancake Hot-Pan

~ Hand Mixer (I prefer this to a stand mixer)

~ Towels (that match!)

~ Bedding (even a set for our guest bed would be nice!)

~ China (I doubt this will be purchased but maybe we can get a good discount on it after)

~ Baking Pans

~ Cutting board (like a really good heavy duty one)

~ Coasters (the nice ones are always so expensive!)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did bed bath and beyond for our wedding registry and I just told people to use it for the bridal shower registry too! Or if they didnt want to do that I asked people to bring a bottle of wine! It was amazing I ended up with 24 bottles of wine like what could be better?
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are going off Canadian tire you could also add some decor items. Storage units, ottomans, laundry drying rack, a steamer. Outdoor items for the patio, or picnics.
    A registry can literally be anything and doesn’t have to be the traditional kitchen and bath stuff. Think of things that you would use For doing laundry, or decorating!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always good to have extra sheets, towels, pillows. Think of things that need replacing, cutting boards, a good knife set, new coffee mugs to go with your new equipment. A new toaster. Just go room by room and think of things you will need to furnish it or replace/upgrade.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you already live together, you could upgrade things you already have ie plates, cutlery, pots and pans, etc. And if you don’t live together you could put them on the list anyway!

We’re going to do some bath towels, dish towels as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics