Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

April
Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan

Bridal shower games

April, on July 17, 2018 at 13:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
Hey everyone! I am trying to find some fun games for everyone to do during the shower, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Carmela, on July 18, 2018 at 13:08
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!! There are so many fun games you can play.

1. "Who has the groom," Pinterest has pictures of all different celebrities heads in cute tuxedos and you have one with your fiancés face on it, and who ever has your fiancé wins. You can tell a Left and Right story with this game too.

2. The apron game, were you walk around wearing an apron with all different crazy items for ten minutes, then you take the apron off and the guest have to try to remember what crazy items you had on. (you can find these games on Pinterest).

3. Another could be guess how old the bride and groom is. You would have a variety of pictures from different age groups and your guest have to accurately figure out your age in the picture (this one is harder then it looks).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For mine, they planned: each guest brings a pair of panties that “represents” them and I had to guess who brought which pair, then I got to keep them. MOH had asked my husband a bunch of questions and everyone had to answer what they thought the answer was. Cards for wedding advice, and each person wrote a memory and I had to guess who it was.

For my cousins shower, my mom planned a “price is right” type game. I can’t remember the exact game, but it was a few using grocery items and cleaning supplies which they got to keep at the end. The “grand prize they were playing for was a laundry basket with soap, dryer sheets, towels, tea towels etc so in the end they got a bunch of useful stuff (this was a couples shower, so they got to play together)
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a Bridal Mad Libs online that was HYSTERICAL!! For sure doing that!!! Also questions about the Bride/Groom.... maybe a what's in your purse! Also doing the "write us a date night idea"
    Well shouldnt say doing... I know I'm not suppose to plan my own bridal shower but I looove planningggg
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen a game of who can make the best wedding dress out of toilet paper, thought that was funny. I like the games where the host asks the bride questions all about the groom and has to try to get as many right.

• Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My grandma organised the games for my bridal shower, and this is what we did.

1. "The party is over, the confetti has been thrown, and the bride and groom have left for their honeymoon, and then..." We were given a piece of paper and a pencil and had to finish the sentence, and then my grandma randomly pulled the papers from a basket and read them as a story.

2. There were two suitcases filled with clothes that she'd picked up from the thrift store, and we had to pull an item out of the suitcase and put it on (no switching it out if we didn't like it), then race back to the group. It was a relay race of sorts, with two teams (bride and mother-of-the-bride), and we were competing to see which team could finish first. Once the suitcases were empty, we did it in reverse to see which team was the fastest at taking all the clothes off.

3. How many words could we make out of the word RECEPTION without using any letters more than once in any single word. This was a timed game. (The winner had 86 words!)

4. We played a memory game. My grandma had a tray filled with trinkets and other small items, and she covered it with a towel after we had examined it, and then we had to remember what was on it and write it down. When we were done (a timer was set for 5 minutes) the tray was brought out again, with a single item removed, and we had to try to figure out what was missing.

5. When it was time to enjoy the refreshments, my grandma clipped two clothespins to each person's clothes. If anyone noticed you crossing your legs/ankles, they could steal your clothespin and whoever ended up with the most at the end of the party won.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is this for your shower? If so, I have to (hypocritically) say, you shouldn't be planning this!!! Haha. I say hypocritically because I am trying to micromanage my shower...

I "suggested" to my mom that there's a cute game where you get childhood photos of the bride and groom, and people guess your ages.

I also Pinterest tagged a few games where people "Name the Disney movie from the love song lyric"... Or the bridal emoji game...

I hesitate to say to google anything because you shouldn't be... haha, but honestly looking at Pinterest is super helpful.

I like the ring/clothespin idea for don't say "Bride" "Groom" or "Wedding"... the person who steals the most by the end wins a prize!

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of doing a match the princess to her prince game with like Disney princesses. Because I’m a total child.

You can have pictures of you and your future husband at different ages and have people guess what age they were. The closest one gets a prize.

I wasn’t a fan of this one (put a ping pong in a nylon have contenders tie it around with the ball hanging between their legs and the have to swing back and forth to push a toy truck to the finish line)

word scramble with wedding vocabulary

Trivia questions about the bride and groom. Who ever gets closest wins

guess the romantic movie quote

Guess how much candy in a jar

You can give each guest a plastic ring and if anyone says like “bride” or “wedding” someone has a chance to steal the ring lol

these are all games I’ve played. Some are fun. Others can be a little much (ping pong ball game) what’s important is that you’re having fun and making memories with the people you love Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics