Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ludvis
Ontario

Bridal shower food

Ludvis, on April 4, 2018 at 12:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
So I’ve never planned a shower, and all of a sudden everyone wants to help with food which is fantastic but how can I let everyone bring something and keep control no multiples....
so far we have sandwich, meat and cheese platter, fruits and veggies, salads, cake, potato salad and snacks.
what can I give someone to bring to add for more food options?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on April 6, 2018 at 06:11
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your list is pretty well balanced. To add to what you have , You can ask for some bread/ butter and/or drinks maybe. Might be nice to have a warm buffet item, so maybe ask someone to make some meatballs or something! Those are always easy to make and/or bring.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Post a check list on fb for everyone like a classroom sign up sheet?
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree!

Was going to suggest drinks or some bubbly!

Take aways for guests too is a great idea!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed!! Dips are always a good idea!!

If you've got the mains covered, I'd suggest appetizers or desserts for everyone else!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You have a great selection! The only thing you can add I think is punch or other beverages. After that, thank people for offering but let them know you have enough food. If they still want to bring something, you can suggest decorations, door prizes, a mini thank you gift for all guests
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having ours after supper and just doing a dessert bar! I think you have a good variety of food though.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What time of day is the shower? I was considering having a little bagel bar as well, cutting bagels into halves, and having a couple different cream cheeses.

Don't be afraid to turn people away as well! You don't want food going to waste if people are spending their money on it. Maybe have some people contribute to beverages, ice, etc. instead.

Spinach dip bread bowls are usually a big hit... also many a smaller pastry or dessert tray? (Cookies, bars, etc)

Bridal shower food 1

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it's not too late, I'd create a google doc to share with your guests. This way, everyone would see what people are bringing. It would also be easier to track down the person after the event, to ask for the recipe!

I agree with April, dips are always good!!

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dips always go over well and there are so many different kinds it’d be hard to duplicate!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics