Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Bridal shower

Cc, on August 8, 2022 at 17:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
Oh ladies please help me!!! So my and MOH did a shower card for me I had no idea what was going on until I was informed how the card looked. Its horrible there only doing a money card and no actual shower and I feel it makes me look like I need money 😭😭 it says " there will be no venue for the bridal shower but any monetary support is greatly appreciated". Like omg I wanna cry this is making me look horrible

22 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 22, 2022 at 04:59
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They should have approached you for what you have wanted of an event to plan.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sadly there was no shower put on for people to attend it was a card put up in stores asking for monetary donations 🤦‍♀️
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sadly there was no shower though it was just a card asking for monetary donations 🤦‍♀️
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It seems your MOH and other party member were doing something nice for you and not show your card to you so you could give the input of liking it or not. Though the monetary support could be rephrased as monetary gift sounding better and not to feel any less of what you have. I would take it as getting the money to put towards what you would like for the honeymoon or funds for home repairs later on when renovating.

I too would have liked to know what the card said and looked to have part of the scrapbook. I'm sorry you had to hear how horrible it was phrased and the whole outlook. Be grateful though you had a shower to enjoy.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are not the bad guy, how do they not understand what they did was so wrong? Poor you honestly I hope they make it up to you.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh okay, it wasn't like a sign up sheet if they were interested in giving money they would sign their name and email address to get details on how to proceed to give money.

Going around with a card and everyone signs whose given money isn't too bad, you would do that for a colleague. Now if they went around doing that it's a different thing and still plan a little get together still a better option then leaving a card in each store asking for money.

Still they are in the wrong and I am embarrassed for you. I hope they give a great explanation to why this was done and come up with something better.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh girl I let them know how both of us felt and basically I was the bad guy that I didn't appreciate anything. I didn't realize people can get butt hurt when voicing how a person feels.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never heard of this before, and I completely understand how you felt. With the cards now taken down, perhaps you should have a conversation with them to see what their reasoning was. I'm sure their intentions were good, but let them know how it made you and your FH feel.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, people sign the card and give money its actually not the first time I've seen this. Growing up and being from that town that was a popular thing that they did and the store where it was hung would build a big gift and they would go to the shower and present the gift. It was a hot commodity amongst senior women they would make it a a come and go tea with foods etc.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wait what? They made it so people can sign up? Oh my so glad you were able to get those down as soon as possible. What was going through their head?

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When I spoke with one lady that knows me really well she said it wasn't even up for like 2hrs so the chance of no one even seeing it she said was likely slim and there wasn't any signatures anywhere. I think personally I caught it in time. I can only imagine though what my Aunt and MOH will think when they don't see these cards up anymore and expect to collect cash or whatever.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I completely understand you, I honestly would feel the exact same way. I hope they were all taken down and I hope they will plan a shower for you instead. Good thing it's a small town and word gets around fast so eventually it will get around that you had nothing to do with this.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When I seen how it was worded, I was so livid. I told them that it sounded like we are needy and they got so mad and offended and well said that I don't appreciate it. I literally got on the phone with all the locations where these signs could be and had them take them down anonymously.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be mortified as well, they could have asked your opinion and not just take it upon themselves to just start posting things.

It would have been better for them to post something like a jack and Jill party to raise money, but to post a card saying no shower but if you want to give us money that reflects on you and not the bridal party. Smiley atonished

I am so sorry this happened to you and hopefully everyone understands and hopefully your bridal party can understand why this is wrong.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The town they hung it up in well it's where I'm originally from I littlerly got on the phone and so did my hubby to be and asked them to remove them down I can only imagine what the two will have to say now!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg I'm so sorry!! You have every right to be pissed!! Maybe someone else can explain to them what's wrong with it? Or maybe they're embarrassed now and that's why they're unfortunately turning it on you 😔
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    With them hung up in stores well I asked them to take them down and they got mad and offended and now I'm on the bad list 🥴
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This wasn't even an invite its hung up in stores!!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry - there's no actual shower just a card went out asking for cash!? Omg I would be livid too. I would be contacting everyone they invited and apologizing saying you were not aware of this and to disregard it. Mistakes happen!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think this makes it look like you have no money or anything like that. Its pretty well known weddings can be expensive and rather than suggesting gifts that you won't need, if people wish to give something, money goes a long way when planning your wedding.

If this is really a concern for you, you should voice it to these people so they know you don't feel comfortable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics