Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kryzia
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Bridal shower?

Kryzia, on February 1, 2018 at 10:56 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

When is the ideal time to have your bridal shower? I'm currently living in Alberta, but our wedding is Ontario (another province) because all of our friends and family are out there. So, we might need to fly in for the bridal shower/jack and jill party.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on February 1, 2018 at 22:52
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I live in the NWT and my wedding is in Ontario. I had an engagement party over the summer (8 months before the wedding) and then had our bachelor/bachelorette parties over the Christmas holidays (3 months before). We did it when we knew we'd be in town, and made sure our MOH/BM and parents (throwing the engagement party) knew our dates.

If you're doing both, I would say put them in the same week/weekend so you don't need to fly twice, and make sure your bridal party can help accommodate this.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd agree - if you're doing both, knock them out in one shot.

If not, I had my shower about 3 months before my wedding. 2-3 months has typically been the time before the wedding that I've seen.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say there is an "ideal" time. The further from the wedding, the longer you have to store any gifts you receive. Friends threw us a couples shower last month--6 months before the wedding. I liked the timing of it because most of our DIY projects we can't do until spring, so we didn't have much wedding stuff happening in January.

I would also suggest doing the shower/jack and jill during the same trip. It will be a busy week/weekend, but will save money on flights. My MOH is planning the bachelorette and shower to be on the same weekend for my family who lives out of town. It will be a busy weekend, but I will know in advance and can plan for that.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A bridal shower is normally just for the bride and female friends and family. A Jack and Jill is similar to a Stag and Doe in that it is a wedding fundraiser. Will you be doing both or just one?

If you are doing both I would suggest doing them in the same weekend so that you do not have to make multiple trips back to Ontario. I think that bridal showers are normally a few months before the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics