Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia

Bridal Shower

Amelia, on January 31, 2018 at 20:21 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
I know generally brides dont thfow their own bridal showers, but im just eondering what the general guidelines are for how far before the wedding you have uour bridal shower and bachelor/ette parties?

Im getting married October 6th of this year. And my maud of honour is having a baby in august so anything wedding related is out for august. I was thinking June would be a good time for the shower but everyone seems to think thats too soon.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Nic, on February 3, 2018 at 03:13
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whatever works for you. I'm an out of town (out of province) bride, so we had to make it work for whenever I came back to Ontario. I had an engagement party 8 months before we got married, and my bachelorette was 4 months before. I don't think there's a specific timeline, so I'd say do it when it works.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is whatever works for you.

I'm getting married in July and we were talking about doing a bridal shower in March.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going totally non-traditional... due to out of town guests possibly making 2 trips, I'm doing my bachelorette & shower in September, and my wedding isn't until January. My MOH's wedding was in November, and we did her shower in August. Do it when you want, and what works for you.

I also think giving people a few months between gift purchases, and time commitments, is nice too.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridal party planned my shower and bachelorette. My shower was in June and my bach was in August. I got married in September and my only requirement I gave them when planning was that I didn't want any events in the wedding month so I could spend the month leading up to it in full-on planning mode.

I think knowing that you have a big life event to work around with your MOH, an earlier shower would be fine. After the baby comes, she'll probably be busy and it will be nice to have the pre-wedding festivities off her plate.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think June or July is fine. I didn't have a bridal shower but I did have a bachelorette the weekend before the wedding.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning my own bridal shower. I have help from my brother's GF and my MOH but my family is useless for wedding stuff. We even had to plan our own engagement party.

That being said, I'm hosting the bridal shower two months before and the bachelorette is the weekend before the wedding.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I believe they’re held 2-4 months before the wedding so June would be fine!
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think generally they’re held within a month of the wedding but who cares what everyone else does, host your shower whenever it works best for you!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's too early. It's four months ahead, I would say that's great timing. I'm getting married in July and we had a shower earlier this month.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics