Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Crystal
Curious June 2018 Ontario

Bridal Shower

Crystal, on December 28, 2017 at 12:21 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

Who is having a Bridal shower? If so, are you inviting all woman who are invited to the wedding? Are you doing a his and hers shower?

Is it acceptable to not invite certain people to the shower but who are invited to the wedding (eg: friends girlfriends you don't know)

17 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on January 7, 2018 at 10:52
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my bridal shower there are actually quite a few women who are invited to the wedding but not to the shower, the numbers would be way too high. We aren't doing a joint party, just the one. My FH doesn't want a stag, but my mother wanted to throw me a shower. One reminder...if you invite the person to the shower, then they would be invited to the wedding as well. Happy planning!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted to have a backyard BBQ wedding social where everyone could just come and hang out and have some fun. No gifts or anything as we feel there are already far too many gifts involved in pre-wedding events.

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Stephanie. Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm only inviting family and very close friends! i think it is traditional to invite every woman who is going to the wedding but i think it should be something special with close family and friends. i dont think you will offend anyone by not inviting your second cousins gf Smiley winking

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's true and so sweet!

Hope you have a great time!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also feel like two people are getting married, so two people should be "showered". I don't like being the centre of attention, and showers usually make the bride the focus. At least with my fiance there, some of the attention will be on him. Actually, most of it will. He seems to draw attention with his jokes and just being outgoing in general!

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's true, I wouldn't want them to buy me anything either!

100% I would never invite people to the shower who aren't invited to the wedding. I was thinking more of the other way around. Smiley smile

Seems like the couple/his and hers is becoming super popular. Sounds like fun!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Friends are throwing us one and asked if I wanted it just women or couples. I decided couples because the only women I'd invite are the ones planning it because the only other local girlfriends are in the wedding, so I didn't want them to feel obligated to buy a gift when they already have to buy a dress. I also didn't want to invite girlfriends/spouses of some of the guests because I don't know them very well.

And, I am against inviting people to showers who aren't invited to the wedding.

• Breanna
    Curious October 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing thank you !!
  • Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a lot of older ladies attending so I have to be mindful of them! but thanks for all you're great ideas! I may have to let my MOH's know for my bachelorette lol!

To create a wedding website is one of the icons at the top of the wedding wire website. It was simple, but not sure if I'm going to send it to my guests lol. Just click on the icon choose a theme and everything else just kinda pops up.

• Breanna
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could always do something completely different like bowling or rent a bar/pub (not sure if theres any around you that allows that) for a few hours! But definitely dont stress over it!
    Also I saw you have a wedding website, how did you do that??
  • Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea it's nice to have 1 shower with everyone there rather than having so many separate parties/gatherings.

But thanks! Smiley smile

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like fun! Unfortunately, with the timing of my bridal shower I couldn't do it outside! I wish though! have fun!

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes me feel better! I'm not the only one!

Thanks

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister in law is planning mine, she invite all the women on my FH side, when i asked to invite my friends she said oh just have a night out with your girls, and send me a list of all the food i need to buy and bring, so i really really wish i was not having a shower at all. It will be an extra to do for me to be honest. sorry for my little rant lol

To answer your question please invite whomever you like Smiley smile

• Breanna
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm considering doing a his and hers!! I personally dont like shower games so I was thinking about having a BBQ and outdoor activities like washers or horseshoes. And I would invite just closest friends and family, but if you go with something different invite only who you feel comfortable inviting!!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are considering a his and hers. If not then I will just be having a shower and will be inviting almost all the women. Some of the family on his side I don't know so I won't be inviting them. It's not a big deal to not invite people. There are some of his friends girlfriends that I don't really know so probably won't invite. But the ones I do know I will invite.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics