Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Master October 2019 Ontario

Bridal Salon Experience!

Casey, on October 29, 2019 at 22:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
In my opinion, this was the best part of wedding planning. I wish I could go back and spend all day at the salon trying on dresses!

I want to know all about your bridal salon experience! How many places did you visit before you said yes to a dress? Did the consultant make the experience for you? How many dresses before you found the one?!
I booked an appointment while my sister was home so I could get her opinion on the style of dresses. So I just made one appointment and didn’t expect to find anything. I was very self conscious going into my appointment so I didn’t want anything form fitting, but I was wrong when I found the one! My appointment was only supposed to be 1.5 hours and we were there for over 3. It was honestly the best experience I could have had! I’ve asked a couple of my girlfriends if I could just go back to salons to try on dresses for fun because I loved it so much! Bridal Salon Experience! 1

14 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on November 1, 2019 at 12:51
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly! Everything happens for a reason!

Thank you so much Smiley smile I did not want to take it off!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was pretty awful but in the end I got my perfect dress, so it worked out ok Smiley smile your dress, by the way, is stunning!!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is amazing!!

I hate when stores just ignore people because they realize they are not buying. Then word gets passed around, and people will no want to go there.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I visited three places before I ultimately chose my dress; Kleinfeld (which was an awesome experience, I'm glad I went - but too pricey and inconvenient for alteration work), Mona Richie in Woodbridge and Amanda-Lina's (Canada's Say Yes to the Dress!).

I actually was shown my dress originally at Kleinfeld's but I had booked two other appointments and wanted to keep those in case I found something else. I went to Mona Richie which wasn't a good experience. The consultant lost interest when she realized I wasn't buying anything and then totally ditched my mom and my sister when they had appointments afterwards for their dresses.

Amanda-Lina's was great, my consultant was so patient with me but ultimately, I was in love with the dress I had tried on at Kleinfeld. They didn't have it in stock for me to try on so I had to order it "blind". So I did that for a lot cheaper than the Kleinfeld price and I love my dress.

So, I really recommend Amanda-Lina's - they have been fantastic. Even with my veil order, and my mom and sister's dresses.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Purple & Gold sariBridal Salon Experience! 2Light Blue sari with silver patternsBridal Salon Experience! 3

Wedding dress shopping isn't the easiest when you know the style and material you want. Once tried and seen can sometimes be deceiving to see its not you. The dress that is you can sometimes be different than what's envision. The MOHs were taken for their Indian saris to choose their patterns and materials based on the colour given. The cost was amazing for what they paid and blouse alterations were paid by them as well. End result was amazing and they were happy with what was done.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this! After years of dance, changing in front of people didn't bother me, but its so funny how comfortable they make you feel when you are basically half naked in front of them!

So jealous you got champagne, that is amazing a location will offer that!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was told again and again that "everyone finds their dress in Sussex!" at Lockharts. I made an appointment hoping it worked out but knowing I had months to find my dress.

The staff there was wonderful!y attendant made me so comfortable that I almost forgot that she was a stranger seeing me in my underwear! I was never pressured to make a decision, but I made one! I fell in love with two dresses and after re-trying them both I found "the one".
    I bought a sample gown at an amazing deal. They went over the whole dress with me so I could see that it was missing a button or two and that a few beads needed to have their thread tightened.
    Once I made the decision they brought out champagne for a toast and let me twirl in front of a mirror for a while Smiley smile
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I started getting the same way near the end of my appointment. But it makes it all worth it in the end!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so amazing! It’s great when you have such a good experience, it makes you so excited each time you get to put the dress on for alterations.
    Bonus for her being way under your budget! That’s when you know they are good at their job
  • Michelle
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely check out the consignment shops. I highly recommend Knot Too Shabby in Stratford!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to two stores before i found the dress that i love! it was a great experience but after trying on so many dresses i was so hot and thirsty hahaha but it was so much fun!

• Michelle
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just went last week and I was blown away by how much I loved it. Wedding dresses are SO flattering! I normally dislike shopping and was worried about how I would look in some dresses. I took one person with me and she was amazing. The winner for me was a consignment shop in Stratford ON. Private appt (no other brides in the store) and a really nice consultant. I was ready to buy second hand but ended up with one of the never worn dresses she had there (she buys leftover dresses from stores that close). I also told her what I was hoping to spend (<1000) and that I had fallen in love with a $2000 new dress the night before. She put me in one that was clearly THE one. Brand new. $500
    I’m thrilled that I had a fun time and was super efficient.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is honestly a really good thing to do. Give the consultant your max budget, and just let them know not to tell you how much each dress is as you try them on. The woman that I worked with never said how much a dress was, which made it so much better because you really get to focus on the dress.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have gone shopping yet. Lmao I am NOT good at spending money on myself. I know that any dress I like will make my heart stop for a few minutes. I really need to talk myself into not looking at price tags to make sure I get the dress I truly love rather than the cheaper one. Spending money on everything for guests or everyone as a collective has been easy. That being said I'm going to go to a second hand dress shop and maybe check out a sample sale.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics