Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Bridal Party Numbers - What's yours?

Malyssa, on March 30, 2022 at 12:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 32

Happy Wednesday folks! Smiley heart

Something you need to consider when planning your wedding is how many people you'll have in your party! There is no right or wrong answer here, so....

How many people do you have (had) in your bridal party?

For me - we have 1 bridesmaid (MOH) and 3 groomsmen. This was a real struggle for me, as I don't have siblings or a lot of close friends, where as my FH has a few he wanted in his party. Rather than make him only pick one, or force me to find other people, we opted for uneven numbers.

32 Comments

Latest activity by Rachay, on May 3, 2022 at 15:34
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to have 5 on each side, literally, my fiance has soo many friends and if it were up to him, he'd have all of them in his wedding party, but we negotiated it down to five each side. I am having a Maid and Matron of honor and he is having 2 best men (a little unconventional).

We also only have a ring bearer and no flower girl.

• Luanne
    Beginner January 2023 British Columbia
    Luanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to have no one but the flower girls and the ring bearer! Mostly because my fiance was too worried about having to choose a Best Man (we're so lucky to have amazing friends) and would feel guilty about choosing just one!

• Courtney
    Beginner August 2023 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far, I think we are doing 4 on each side plus a jr bridesmaid. My fiance is much more extroverted than I am so his side may change. His younger sister is my MOH but I am not asking his other 3 sisters to be in my party and he is not asking my brothers to be in his party.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats on your elopement Smiley smile

We're also not doing a rehearsal dinner, so again, I'm not the only one and neither are you, lol!

Going down the aisle is pretty similar to me, but my dad and 20 year old son will be walking me down. Yup, married a little later in life, lol. My first wedding, but my 'equal' half, his second, so we're trying to keep it as simple as possible - still 105 guests though, ugh!

Sorry to hear that your parents won't be able to make it.

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Stacey! Omg glad to know someone’s doing the same too!! 🥰

We’re getting a sweetheart table instead but not too far away from everyone.
    We’ll have some people helping us like my and my husband’s sisters and some cousins and friends and we’re thanking them by taking them out to dinner. (we’re not doing a dinner rehearsal!)
    Going down the aisle, it’s just going to be him and his parents first then me! 😅 We’re also going to ask everyone to just stay seated as we all walk down!
    As for the witnesses, we already eloped and we asked his friends to sign the license. But! If we didn’t do that, we would’ve asked his parents to sign. (My parents won’t be able to make it!)
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same! Lol.

Few questions for you then Smiley smile

You two the only ones at your head table?

Do you have a close friend helping you with the little things? If so, How do you recognize/thank her/him?

How are you planning to go down the aisle?

Who are your witnesses?

Sorry for all the questions - just struggling with these few things Smiley ups I have a close friend that is kind of helping, but I haven't included her in the wedding, etc.

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided not to have any Smiley xd

• Samantha
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 1 MOH, 4 bridesmaids, 1 best man & 4 groomsmen! Even numbers! And my nephew is a junior groomsmen/ring bearer!

• Carla
    Newbie September 2022 Quebec
    Carla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On my side I have 5 bridesmaid’s ( my 2 daughters, my sis-in law and 2nieces of my fiancé) he has 3 groomsmen ( his 2boys and one friend). Had to change my colors because they( girls) didn’t like my blush color. Huge headache! 🥺 to make everyone happy their dress will be black. I will still have blush in their flowers. Big headache
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On my side 1 MOH (1 daughter), 3 bridesmaids (best friend and 2 more daughters lol), 2 flower girls.
    FH's side, no idea yet 🙃
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    0!!! 🤪
    We decided to not have any!
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1 maid of honour. 1 best man
    6 bridesmaids 6 groomsmen
    2 flower girls. 2 ring boys

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 3 on my FH’s side (1 BM and 2 groomsmen) and I have 2 (1 MOH and 1 BM). I did have 3 originally but one was removed after our 2nd postponement. I struggled to replace her or
    Not- but dresses were discontinued and I didn’t have anyone else I would want. So we went for uneven.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 for bridal BFF MOH and Daughter BM
    3 for Groom BFF Best Man and 2 friends GroomsMen
    Nice and small. Easier to handle
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice and simple
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had originally planned a party of 8 total, but 2 people turned us down for various reasons so we are leaving the number at 3 per side (MOH and 2 bridesmaids, and Best Man and 2 groomsmen). It was easier than trying to find replacements.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had only 4 in total (2 each side) as being simple with the space given too. 1 each of MOH and BM (Best Man) coordinated in colours for each side. I have a big family and kids are always part of the celebration. 2 kids from the family along with a co worker's kid and one MOH's daughter were the flower kids. We did keep it simple though the timing of the aisle walk didn't go through its proper practice the day before.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just having one on each side. Basically they are glorified witnesses 🤣.
    There was no parties to organize, no planning they had to do. Just show up in something in one of a bunch of wedding colours that they can choose themselves.
  • Nicole
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a small wedding party of just 2 on each side. I’m having my two closest friends as co-maids of honour and my fiancé is having his brother and one friend. It was a choice of keeping it this small or do 7-9 on each side to try and not pick and choose from friend groups. Decided we’d rather keep it small haha
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1 Matron of honor (BFF), 2 MOH (Sister and BFF) and 3 bridesmaids (Close friends)

1 Best Man (FH's BFF) and 5 groomsmen (2 FH's little brothers, 2 of his cousins and my cousin)

So 6 on each side

Plus

1 Junior bridesmaid (cousin)

1 Ring Bearer (my Godchild)

Plus our parents (4)

So our bridal party has 20 people including us

We are really happy to have them standing with us!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For my bridal party, I had 4 bridesmaid and 4 groomsmen. All family affair. Hahaha!

MOH: sisterBridesmaids: sister, cousin and hubby’s cousin.Bestman: Hubby’s best friend Groomsmen: Brother, and 2 of hubby’s cousins.
    I did not plan on having a bridal party since my wedding was supposed to be smaller than it is now. But my sisters starting planning the bridal party. Haha. And it worked out! 😁
    Our only group photo with the bridal party all together, since the rain came down. Hahaha! Bridal Party Numbers - What's yours? 1
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are having only one each standing up for us. My MOH is my best friend of 7 years and my fiance's BM is his younger brother

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having 4 on each side!
    I’m the same I don’t have a bunch of friends I moved a lot as a kid, so I have a lot of acquaintances and just close circle of friends! Where as my fiancé could have 10 groomsmen if he wanted, he grew up in a small town and never moved! Lol
    So far the wedding party we have has been really great and no drama ! 🤞🏼 Knock on wood lol
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing 1 MOH and 1 BM to be our witness when we sign. We did this as we wanted to be different and just have us up there while getting married.Smiley smile

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 7 on each side (including a Jr Bridesmaid & Groomsman), plus a flower girl and 2 ring bearers Smiley smile

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 on each side! We just picked the dresses and colours for my bridesmaids and MOH today Smiley smile
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having two on each side - 2 bridesmaids, 1 best man and 1 groomsman. With a smaller wedding, we wanted to reflect that with our party.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had four and four, including our MOH and Best Man.

• Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I are doing 4 on each side! My side is a little bit "non-traditional" as I have my little sister as my MOH, 2 bridesmaids, and 1 bridesman who's my best male friend! The groom-to-be has the typical 1 BM and 3 groomsmen. Smiley smile

• R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our bridal party consists of our children. So my oldest is my MOH my middle my Bridesmaid, my youngest is the Jr. Bridesmaid and my Future Stepson in my FH Bestman, oh and my grandson is the ring boy. No flower girl(although I may change that). We had a big bridal party at first but decided not to, to many disagreements I honestly didn't want to deal with.
  • L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having six on each side I have my MOH and five bridesmaids and my fiance has his BM and five groomsmen.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having 3 on each side. I have 3 bridesmaids and my Fiancé has a best man and 2 groomsmen.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics