Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Bridal party makeup/hair

Jessica, on March 5, 2017 at 11:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hey ladies!!
Just trying to budget here, trying to figure something out.
Does the bride pay for the bridesmaids, mother of the bride and groom.. pay to get they're makeup and hair done?
I have 6 bridesmaids, my mother, and 2 mother in laws.
Plus myself.
Is it rude to pay for just makeup, let them pay for hair? Or visa versa.
Or just worry about my bridesmaids?
How does it all work!?
Thank you

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kacy, on March 8, 2017 at 22:17
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww hahah I bet you wouldn't mind, she's adorable! Must be so special to have her be part of it Smiley laughSmiley laugh

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone keeps saying that! "she might upstage you!" It's such a different feeling to have your child apart of your huge day. So even if she did, let the sun shine down!!! Lol
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hehehehe well she might steal the show Smiley winking Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I consulted my girls when picking my hair and makeup artists, so that everyone was comfortable with the prices. I asked when I started looking if anyone else was interested in getting hair and/or makeup done and that I wanted a mobile one to come to us (but I was going to pay any travel costs myself), so I had an idea for numbers (some mobile places need a minimum). But I agree that if you REQUIRE they have a specific style or to get it done professionally then you should pay for it
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids paid for their own hair. I discussed it with them beforehand so I made sure that it was something that they were all comfortable with. The makeup service was very expensive so we ended up having my sister do the bridesmaids' makeup. She works for Sephora and has a lot of experience doing makeup so she was able to buy the makeup at a discount and the other bridesmaids split the cost and chipped in a little extra as a tip for her services. We worked on the look beforehand so she had time to practice and it was good experience for her. (She also feels more comfortable doing her own makeup anyways.)

We decided to pay for our moms' hair and makeup as a thank you for all their help with the wedding.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are paying for themselves , they all agreed and they like to not have the hassel of trying to do it themselves .. I am only paying for myself and my flower girl .... we all sat down and looked at the vendors and agreed on a great price for both professional services

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That totally makes sense, I'll have to sit down with them all and see what they'd want Smiley smile thank you!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aw haha thank you again!! You can obviously tell who the flower girl is 😂😜
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The general "rule" that I hear the most, and tend to agree with is if you require that everyone have professional hair and makeup, then the bride should pay.
    If you are ok with your crew doing their own thing , then you can let them know they are welcome to join you, and what the prices are. Or that they can seek their own stylists....or handle it themselves!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're very welcome!! Also, your profile picture is absolutely adorable!!! Smiley love
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay thank you! I was apart of only one bridal party and my sister in law covered makeup and her mother took care of the hair. So for me it was also a nice surprise but I did expect to pay for everything. So I don't have much experience to compare to! Thank you!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay thank you! Luckily the flower girl is only going to be about two and she's bald as of right now. So hair and makeup may not even be an issue for her lol.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on your budget and your bridal party's budget! My friend asked for us to get our hair and makeup done, and she would pay for one (they both cost the same). I know others don't pay for their bridal party, as it is usually assumed that this is part of the cost of being in the bridal party. I know I was expecting to pay everything on my own, so it was a nice surprise. I'm not sure what she did for her mother and MIL.
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am only paying for myself and the flower girl. I gave my bridesmaids the choice to do their own or they can have it done by the same lady I have. Two of them are good at doing hair so they are doing their own but having their make-up done with my lady. The other two are doing their own make-up but getting their hair done. They were all good about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics