Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2022 Ontario

Bridal party hair/make up

Tasha, on September 12, 2021 at 20:00 Posted in Beauty 1 6
Can anyone give me insight as to whether or not the bridal party pay for their own hair and make up, or is this something that the bride/groom covers? We are on an extremely tight budget, but if it is something that the bride/groom generally pay for, then we will find room in the budget!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on September 13, 2021 at 13:09
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It goes both ways. If you are demanding a certain style and look, especially if you're requiring a professional artist's look, it would be good etiquette for you to pay for it.

If you don't care how they do their makeup and hair as long as it's presentable, then you don't need to pay for it.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello there,

I paid for half of each girl’s bridesmaids dresses. This can make room for them to buy shoes and an hair appointment. On a side note, it made shopping for dresses less stressful for everyone. I told the girls that getting their make up done professionally is up to them. Letting the bridesmaids know in advance before
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s totally depends mainly on the culture. All my life growing up, the brides always paid for the dress, shoes, etc for her bridesmaids. However, if you’re paying for the dress and shoes then it is fair that the bridesmaids pay for their makeup hair. I say be honest with them. Can they do their own makeup and hair? Is it necessary for them to hire a makeup artist?
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is paying for her makeup. She insisted that she pay. Everyone is different regards to who pays for this subject. It is NOT expected for you to pay for it of you don't want to or don't have the money for. Your bridesmaids also can do their own makeup if they don't want to pay for that service as well. In regards to hair, my aunt is a hair stylist so she's doing both of our hair for free. But if we were using someone else for hair, I'm pretty sure my MOH wouldn't have an issue with paying for hers as well. I am though paying for getting our nails done a few days before

• T
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At my MOH wedding she paid for everyone's hair and makeup. From what I have gathered, if it's mandatory everyone has their hair and makeup done the couple pays for it. If you are giving them the option then they pay.
    We have a hair stylist in the bridal party and she's doing hair as her wedding gift so no one has to worry about hair. I am giving my bridesmaids the option of doing their own makeup or using the artist im hiring for myself which they would pay for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics