Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Curious May 2022 Ontario

Bridal party gifts for the day of ideas?

Jamie, on June 4, 2021 at 11:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Thinking of getting them earrings from a local store and thinking of pjs or robe but not sure of size. Also has this gift been over done (referring to pjs n robe)

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 5, 2021 at 22:44
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting my MOH a robe, slippers and since she's the only one standing up for me I'm getting her a Pandora charm that says "Friends are the family you choose"

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave the bridesmaids each a diamond laced silver bracelet and paying for their hair (they're doing their own makeup due to covid).

For the groomsmen, we purchased most of their tuxedo ensemble: white shirt, black bow tie, cummerbund, pocket square, studs and cufflinks, socks - basically everything minus the jacket and pants. The shirt, pocket square, and socks are pretty much reusable on a regular enough basis outside of the wedding while the whole ensemble can be reworn if there's another formal/black tie event. I do plan on giving them each a small non-wedding related gift on the day of as well but it'll be personalized to their own style/tastes. My Best Man is a lawyer so I'll likely get him a dress belt while one of my groomsmen is an outdoorsy camping type of guy so I'll get him a good insulated water bottle.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh thank you for this question and though Jamie.
    Because my MOH and bridesmaids are my sisters, cousin and fiancé’s cousin (4 of them) and they requested to be it. I did not think about it nor asked them in the fancy way that everyone did it. Haha. So this would be amazing idea to give them jewelry. Michael Hill has been having good deals on jewelry and I’ll definitely do that. Thank you! 🙏🏾🙂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far I have gotten my bridesmaids earrings and a bracelet (I will get them a necklace too) I think jewelry is a great option because they can wear it again and again! I also got them robes and a hanger with their name on it. I was so thinking of getting them some slippers and maybe something else. Im not too sure yet
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal party jewelry for the outfits seems enough to give as gifts since they are paying for their dresses. We gave perfume sampler sets for our MOH x2 and cologne sets to the BM (Best Man) x2. We didn't have to pay for it since the points were on the shoppers card enough to do so, the taxes had to be paid for the amount.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI!

I personally think the earrings are a great idea. I plan on getting my bridal party Hillberg & Berk studs of their favorite color to wear for the wedding. I also plan on getting them either a personalized robe or pjs. Although it may seem over done to some people, I think its great because it allows them to be comfortable during getting ready and it is easy to take off without disrupting the hair and make up and they are gorgeous for getting ready pictures if you are deciding on doing that. So it may seem over done - but it is actually for great use!

An other thing I decided to do is pay for the bridal's party nails before the wedding. I am not the type of person who is picky on what colors or styles their nails need to be, but I would like to have a relaxing day a few days before the wedding with the girls and give them a spa day. Although my wedding is in the winter I still plan on doing medi and pedis with them and that's part of their gift.

I know of others who have paid for the hair and makeup of getting ready as part of their gift. An other thing that is popular to add on is the dress hanger. Usually only the bride gets a personalized hanger for their wedding dress but I have been seeing it as a trend to get the flower girls, bridal party and mothers their own as well!

I am trying to make sure I get things I know they will use other than the wedding because I would prefer it not to be a wasted expense and who wouldn't want an extra hanger?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics