Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia

Bridal party feuds

Stephanie, on July 19, 2017 at 16:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Okay, so I'm sure bridal party feuds are much more common then people let on but here's the thing...I haven't asked any of the girls yet to stand with me! But one of the girls I'd like to be one of my bridesmaids absolutely cannot stand the girl I want to ask to be my maid of honour! About 5months ago when I got engaged everything was fine but now they aren't speak and my future BM actually removed my future MOH from all social media....what would you girls do?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on July 25, 2017 at 17:49
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly if they cant put aside their differences for you, then that's their problem. I would pick the MOH and find a different bridesmaid, or like Lisa said and only have a MOH. Then there would be no awkwardness.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have a MOH and a bridesmaid and my FH has one BM and one groomsman. His side is his 2 brothers and my side is my bestfriend since age 12 and my sister in law, they don't know each other particularly well. We are all over 40 and as far as I know we are all drama free. I would agree with what everyone else has said tell everyone what is going on and if they can't be civil and work together for the wedding then the bridesmaid is out. See how they do.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is your wedding and that if they are really your good friends then they can act civilly toward one another for one day. I would say that if you really want to avoid any type of drama then Lisa's suggestion makes the most sense.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly the best decision we made was only having a maid of honour, best man, flower girl and ring bearer! This way there is noy feud, no drama. If you drama is going to happen and you haven't even asked yet, my guess is it will happen after you ask, and it will be a constant struggle. Every bride friend of mine I've spoken too, ends up saying they with they would have done what we did and just had a maid of honour and best man! It will make your life so much easier!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Lesley. Maybe run it by your MOH and let her know that the other girl will potentially be your bridesmaid and see how she feels about it. Hoepfully they can be adults about it and realize this is your big day and it's about you and they can set aside their differences to make you happy!
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How many people in the bridal party are you thinking of? I'd be a bit concerned because MOH will likely be in contact with the BMs. I would ask your MOH first and see how it goes when you let your prospective BM know that your friend is MOH.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics