Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Aylssa
Beginner September 2019 British Columbia

Bridal party day of gifts?

Aylssa, on July 22, 2019 at 21:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16
Hi all,

For those of you who gave your bridal party little gifts the day of the wedding would you mind sharing with me what you gave each person. Hoping others ideas will spark some of my own Smiley smile

16 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on July 29, 2019 at 13:32
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom was a bridesmaid many years back and her bestfriend gave her a beautiful frame with 3 things, a photo from when they were kids, a photo from the wedding and a little personal poem. I love it so much I want to do that for my MOH.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I gave my MOH a travel book and bookmark since she loves travel and reading. I gave another bridesmaid a tea mug with steeper and tea. And the third I gave a wine glass and slushy wine mix. I bought the mug and wine glass at ten thousand villages so they were handmade. I also paid for the deposit for their hair.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to agree with you on this one. I'm not looking for the traditional robes and slippers myself.

Something more personal, something they wouldn't buy for themselves but would love to have.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of get-ready matching robes with their names embroidered, matching gold bracelets from Etsy, a gift box with "thank you for being my..." note, some beauty stuff like face masks and Foreo minis, hair and makeup on the day of Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a token of our bridal party of 2 each MOHs and BM (Best Man) perfume sampler box and Calvin Klein Cologne sets. That was it since it didn't cost us anything as points were used at Shoppers Drug Mart and taxes were the only thing to pay. 3 out of 4 did a lot of us as we requested without any questions. They even came out for the reception entrance practises every Sunday weekend 2 moths prior.

• Agnes
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Agnes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found really nice bracelets on Etsy and Amazon. You can get them customized to say Bridesmaid, Maid of Honour, their name, etc. I think they are really beautiful.

• Alli
    Frequent user November 2019 Alberta
    Alli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I did a lot of diy! Haha. The bridal party is getting:

- a t-shirt that says "I Do Crew!" (this will be given at the Bachelorette party)

- a personalized stemless wine glass (super cheap to make)

- a personalized hanger for their dresses

- a bracelet with their first initial and birthstone (etsy is amazing)

- their preferred Disney Princess x ColourPop lipstick (I asked them all a year ago which one they liked so hopefully they've all forgotten! haha)

- A blanket scarf/shawl for pictures that are our colours! (We're getting married in November so it could definitely be cold haha)

As well we're paying for their hair Smiley shame

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're gifting our wedding party/parents/VIPs with gifts the night before at the rehearsal dinner. The bridal party is getting:

- a tote bag to carry around their dresses/shoes to the getting ready room
    - fuzzy socks to wear the morning of/anytime
    - compact mirror with our date engraved on it: I have a getting-ready photo idea with these
    - a silver knot bracelet with their initial on it
    - a thank you note with a photo of me with each girl

• Aylssa
    Beginner September 2019 British Columbia
    Aylssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, that was my thought process as well. I got them all a cute gold knot bracelet with the initial of there first name on it, and then was thinking maybe paying for their wedding shoes or something. I'm still not sure.
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of getting my girls personalized leather makeup bags (with their initials) and a reusable stainless steel wine tumbler with their names on them. I don't want to get them anything with "bridesmaid" on it because I want them to be able to reuse their gift. Both found on Etsy.

• Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For their day-of presents I did monogrammed robes, champagne glasses with their names on it, a wooden hanger with their role (Bridesmaid/Maid of Honour), the wedding date and their name on it, as well as a small bottle of JP Chene rose sparkling wine. I tried to stay away from a lot of things that had their role on it so that it could be used after and opted more for things with their name. Except the hangers which their dress can stay on after the wedding.
  • Victoria
    Newbie October 2019 Alberta
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I asked mine I got them a little heart necklace with there initial engraved on it, they loved it and are planning on wearing it to the wedding. As the Thank you I'm not to sure yet, might do wine glasses or something like that

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got each of them a pair of white sapphire earrings to wear on the day of, and I'll be paying for their hairstyling.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking of getting them bracelets (would get earrings but at least one of them doesn't have her ears pierced...) and then booze and probably some face masks and bath bombs. Oh, and me and my FH were going to be taking them all out for supper prior to the wedding and paying the entire bill.... that will probably be what determines how much we spend on them for the actual day of. We are guesstimating that the bill will be roughly $800 ($50 meal, 3 drinks at $10 = $80X10 people).

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to get jewelry from Bryan Anthony's for two of my girls who are more likely to wear it, for my non-binary best friend who is wearing a suit in the wedding I am getting a nice tie clip to wear.

And for my last bridesmaid I haven't really decided, perhaps something personalized with her name on it since she's going through a transition and changing her name so I think that would be special

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am paying for my girls hair and makeup so that was part of their gift. Also got them personalized water bottles with their names on them so they can use them later. And then those material elastics that say bridesmaid on them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics