Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacy
Curious August 2019 Ontario

Bridal Party

Stacy, on October 2, 2017 at 16:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18

Ok before anyone reads this, i apologize for the rant i am about to go on...! LOL

My FH and i decided when we first got engaged we weren't having a big wedding party, just a MH & BM.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago..... I know 100% who i want as my MH but i have 2 other girlfriends who i am extremely close to as well and i would like them to be part of my day.....

I know my FH just wants a BM but i don't know if it's weird if i have 3 girls by my side and he has just his BM....
I need some advice !! am i being crazy and over thinking this ? or should i just be ok with having only my MH!! HELP !

18 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 17, 2017 at 13:07
  • Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say got for it, just let your fiance know before you ask them. Maybe he'll then want two groomsmen as well. That's our numbers as well. More people that can be an asset and that you can share the planning of your special day with
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's less important if you have uneven sides, and more important if the extra bridesmaids will be an asset to your wedding. There are duties for bridesmaids and if they are willing to take them on, then I say "Go for it". One responsibility is arranging a bridal shower and bachelorette for you. Also, will they make time to go dress shopping, etc. I've read many ladies' comments about disappointments with regard to people they've chosen for their wedding party so choose wisely.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I third this! Parties do not need to be even! You should invite whoever feels right to be by your side for your wedding regardless of if the numbers match. We will have an uneven party Smiley smile
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second that! it doesn't have to match for numbers on either side!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The sides don't have to match, it just looks more esthetically pleasing by having matching.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go with uneven sides! About half of all weddings have "uneven" wedding parties now!

I had 7 bridesmaids and my husband had 9 groomsmen plus 2 ushers Smiley tongue

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started with even sides, but do to circumstances I have lost a bridesmaid and my MOH, both are attending my wedding and we are ok, but now I will have less girls on my side then he has guys lol. It's ok and the girls get to walk with 2 guys each now.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had uneven sides. I had a maid of honour and a matron of honour and he had a BM and 2 groomsmen. It is totally fine!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Uneven sides is absolutely fine! It's very common these days. My DH's groomsman number constantly changed as plans changed throughout our engagement, my BM numbers stayed consistent, it's really nothing to worry about. There are far more stressful things to worry about, just choose your favorite people and don't worry about the numbers, your photographer will make sure all your photos look balanced.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can totally have uneven sides, I think if you really want to have them as bridesmaids, you should.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will likely be having uneven sides as well. You don't need to have the same amount of people on each side in order to get married.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can definitely have uneven sides! My husband had his Best Man and I had an MOH and 4 bridesmaids.
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The idea that you have to have the same number of people on each side is pretty ridiculous. What, you're both supposed to magically have the same number of siblings/friends/important people in your lives?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have a maid of honour and best man. And all my friends that got married this year with larger bridal parties wish they would have done the same!!! Smaller is better! Trust me!!!!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to suggest what Sara said. You can get them to be involved in other ways such as helping decorate, helping the MOH plan the bachelorette or bridal party perhaps? If you haven't purchased your dress yet you could invite them to go shopping with you?
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had just a MoH and a BM. My hubby was ok with it being lopsided if I wanted other friends as bridesmaids, but in the end I decided my bestie was the only person I needed there with me.
  • Sara
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the same issue - I chose to involve my two others by being my day-of coordinators and decorators. They loved the idea!

• C
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly think the best person to ask for advice is your Fiancé, best to get in the same page now. You guys made an agreement together and if he is ok with the uneven sides then great, but if not I wouldn't force the issue. I'm sure you wouldn't want him to be uncomfortable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics