Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

Bridal party

Jessica, on April 1, 2019 at 15:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hey guys!! So my fiancée and I are very private people and we don’t socialize with a lot of people. Is it okay to have 1 person to stand up with us? On both bride and grooms side? Or do we need more?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on April 4, 2019 at 07:35
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You only need two people to be witness (which parents can also be witness so you don’t even need anyone in your bridal party) so it’s really however many people you want Smiley smile
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe you need two people to be a witness to your wedding and sign the paperwork! you don't need them to stand beside you during the ceremony.

my uncle and his wifey did the whole ceremony alone and when it was time to sign paperwork they had two people from the crowd come up and sign. (they were pre-picked obviously)

• Lolita
    Newbie May 2023 Ontario
    Lolita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, to my mind you'd better invite a couple or a bit more people. But, everything depends on what relations you have with your friend. If you think it would be comfortable for him to stand with you - it is okay.
    But try to imagine your company with three people only and what you will do. I hope you'll find the right decision.

• Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bridal party size can have a few factors influencing it. Things like venue and guest list size. Etc... However it ultimately is that the soon to be newly weds feel most comfortable with.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can have as many or as little as you want!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You as the couple decide on how many ever you want to stand with you at the altar. 1 each side works, then go for it. Its your day and your decision without a question.

We had decided to just go simple as well and have 2 each side (1 Best Man and 1 Maid of Honour).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The way I look at it, your way, your decision!

Don't worry about what other people say! As long as you and your FH are happy thats all that matters Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with all the other ladies!

You can have none, you can have 10 in your bridal party! It’s up to you and what you want.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone here, you can have as many or little as you want! Do what you and your FH want to do Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have as many as you want! There is no where that says has to be a certain number.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're only having one each. My sister is my MOH and his childhood friend is his best man. Do what feels right for you.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep! What ever you want is fine! I'm seeing more and more people with smaller bridal parties for a number of reasons! Some don't have any at all (just 2 designated people to sign as witnesses)

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's whatever you want!

If you are worried about how it will look - perhaps you could get them to be the officiant and get ordained online?

Otherwise I don't see a problem with it! You could even have them switch sides when the rings are given to you by him/her. Just keep in mind I believe you need to have 2 witness' for the signing of papers as well as the officiant.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! You have to do what you feel comfortable with Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics