Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Bridal or Couples Shower?

Lynnie, on February 6, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

How are you celebrating? Are your friends and family throwing you a traditional bridal shower, or are embracing the newer idea of a couples shower? How did you decide?

Bridal or Couples Shower? 1

Photo from Blush Balloon Boutique in Vancouver

For more shower ideas and inspiration, check out: 6 Tips for Planning a Coed Wedding Shower , Bridal Shower Etiquette: The Tips You Need to Know , and 6 Creative Bridal Shower Themes !

8 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on February 7, 2018 at 15:33
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan to do a couples showers, we didn't have an engagement so it will kind of be a mix of that and a shower.
  • Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I will have a bridal shower at all! We will have the usual stag and bachelorette parties though!
  • Raphaela
    Frequent user June 2018 Alberta
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing a bridal shower that my mom and MOH will be hosting. I plan to show off my dress as I didn’t do the traditional dress shopping experience, I bought my dress online. FH is maybe having a stag.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal shower because he gets to have a stag lol
  • Rosalind
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Rosalind ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We doin' a joined "shower of alcohol" - asking guests to bring their favourite bottle or 6pack in place of a gift, that we will end up using at the wedding for our open bar. we thought doing bride + groom for the shower would be good to help everyone get to know one another. thought alcohol b/c .. money, & it's nice to not pressure guests to get bride/groom big gift for both a shower, and the wedding
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having both. Friends of ours planned a couples shower. She was willing to have it a bridal shower, but I'm still getting to know these people so wanted my fiance there to make me more comfortable!

My MOH is planning on a bridal shower for me.

My aunt wants to host a couples shower for us in Ontario. We aren't going to Ontario until after our wedding though, so she might not do it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess you could say we did a couples shower. We just invited people for a bbq and hangout. We requested no gifts be brought.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a traditional bridal shower. It's my family mostly with some friends and my FMIL and FSIL attending. I don't think it was a conscious decision between the two options, this is just what we've always done. I don't think my FH would like to be the centre of attention anyways, so he's glad he doesn't have to attend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics