Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcy
Frequent user October 2020 Saskatchewan

Bridal Makeup Tips - Lipstick or Stain

Marcy, on February 17, 2020 at 00:37 Posted in Beauty 0 8
Hey Ladies! I’m thinking about my makeup for the day of, and I’m looking for your tips! I don’t usually wear lipstick, I sometimes don’t like the feel of it on my lips, a friend suggested lip stain instead. I’d like to do something that I can apply and not have to worry about for the majority of the day. What are your recommendations? Lipstick or lip stain? Do you have any favourites? Or tips?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Marcy, on March 6, 2020 at 19:54
  • Marcy
    Frequent user October 2020 Saskatchewan
    Marcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the tip! I’ve heard people say stains dry out your lips, so the primer sounds good to me!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lip stain stays on forver. with lipstick youll have to continue to reapply. im doing lipstain 1000% if youre buying it yourself kat von d has great lip stains and they stay all day and night. theres a lip primer if your lips are chapped and your afraid of cracks

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have the same question ha ha. I use lipstain right now and love that it does not come off at all, but it also requires re applying the gloss which I don't want to worry about the day off and my lips always feel so dry while wearing it! I am hoping my MUA will have just the right stuff to make it last.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer lip stain, but for my wedding I used lipstick and it was fine. Didn't want to worry about messing up and then having a stain around my lips rather than on them Smiley tongue

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally like to use a satin finish lipstick! It doesn’t slide all over my face and is hardly transferable and is easy to reapply! The Aveda brand is my go to because it’s cruelty free and super nourishing for my dry lips too!
  • Hrhofstx
    Beginner July 2020 Florida
    Hrhofstx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love lip stains. You don't have to worry about it coming off unless you eat something oily. You can drink wine for example and no lip print will appear on the glass. "Make up Forever" has nice ones at their store or Sephora.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of a stain so you don't need to keep worrying about reapplying lipstick as you eat and drink all day long.

I definitely agree with Amanda, I would buy one and try it for a day or a night out and see how it feels and how it looks through the night.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Marcy,

Personally, I prefer lipstick then I add a touch of either clear or tinted gloss (no shimmer). If it is tinted I try to get the same shade or a little lighter, just so it adds that glass like effect. With the gloss my lips don’t feel as dry and I tend to just reapply the gloss if needed rather then the lipstick. I have tried some lip stains and those long wear lipsticks and they do last, to the point where you think it may never come off lol....but they make your lips so dry the longer it is on. I found myself reapplying just to add some moisture back on my lips. If you can I would suggest buying a lip stain or long wear lipstick and try it out. Have a date night with your SO, or a girls night out, see how it feels after a few hours of eating and drinking etc. I don’t know about you but after the ceremony and pictures are done I don’t see myself worrying about reapplying! 🙂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics