Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DeeB
Curious May 2022 Ontario

Bridal Makeup Estimate

DeeB, on August 20, 2020 at 12:05 Posted in Beauty 1 14
Hi all! I am planning my wedding budget and was wondering how much would bridal makeup cost? Looking for an estimate or price range. Thanks!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Anudipa, on January 2, 2023 at 02:00
  • A
    West Bengal
    Anudipa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning a wedding can be a stressful time and budgeting for the day itself can be difficult. One of the biggest questions is how much to allocate for the bridal makeup.

Bridal makeup is an important part of a wedding day and can be a major expense. The cost of bridal makeup can vary greatly depending on a few different factors. The first being the skill and experience of the makeup artist. Professional makeup artists with a lot of experience will likely cost more than someone who is just starting out.

The second factor is the type of look you are going for. If you are looking for a classic and timeless look, your makeup cost will be lower than if you are looking for a more avant-garde or dramatic look. A more dramatic look will require more time and products, and thus a higher cost.

The third factor is location. Typically, larger cities will have higher costs for makeup services than smaller towns. The cost of living in a particular area can also affect the cost of makeup services.

Overall, the cost of bridal makeup can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars depending on these factors. Hiring a makeup artist that you feel comfortable with and whose portfolio reflects the look you want can help ensure a successful wedding day makeup look.

Good luck with your wedding planning and budgeting!

• Margaret
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello!

I am going with a more experienced salon and I'll be paying 195$ per service and 165$ for the trial. For myself with tip, it'll probably cost $600. Bridesmaids' hair and makeup equals $270 (135$ per service), so approximately 300$ with tip. It really depends on how much experience they have and what kind of look you're going for. I booked a studio because I'm having a winter wedding and wanted to ensure they had back-up artists available. The cheapest makeup artist I found was $100 (per service) but she worked alone. I'm from Toronto though, which is probably why the prices are higher.

• S
    Ontario
    Sandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Dee,
    Look at the artist’s portfolio to make sure their style fits with what you are bc looking for. Also the types/brands of products being used. You want to make sure it is high quality products that will last all day/night. As well as their sanitary procedures especially now with everything going on. Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Just get quotes from multiple makeup artists (there were some much higher). I also went with a makeup artist recommended by another vendor!!
  • DeeB
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    DeeB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sandra,
    It is so funny you mentioned that the cheaper route isn't always the best route. My fiance and I were deciding which photography to choose, and he told me the same thing when I suggested the cheaper one to stay within budget. Also, I am happy to receive any helpful tips when looking for a makeup artist.
  • DeeB
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    DeeB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't consider a salon, but that is one approach to considered. Thanks for the idea Amelia Smiley smile
  • DeeB
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    DeeB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Patricia, that is a good deal. Wish I'm lucky as you Smiley smile
  • DeeB
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    DeeB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amanda, Thank you for your input 🙂
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is $160 including trial for me and I believe $80 for each bridesmaid and mother
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my upcoming wedding I'm paying 225 for myself and 90 for my MOH. Both come with trials as well. But it might be different pricing in every province

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've booked at a salon that quoted me $50 for the day of.

My hair, makeup, and nails will be about $225 with tip.
  • S
    Ontario
    Sandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dee,

Prices tend to vary quite a bit but I would say it is around the $200 mark to include the trial. Also, keep in mind that cheaper is not always the best route, sometimes it is better to spend a bit more on a more experienced makeup artist. Let me know if would like me to send you my pricing or if you have any questions in regards in what to look for in a makeup artist.

• DeeB
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    DeeB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Much appreciated, thank you!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! Standard pricing will vary by region, how established the makeup artist is, and so on. Some packages also include a trial which, although very worthwhile, will jack the price up a bit. And you should also factor in a tip. To give you an idea, my MUA quoted me $180, which includes day-of makeup, a trial, and lashes. Add a 20% tip and it’ll be $215ish. However, I’m in Atlantic Canada and it’s my sense that makeup costs can be a little more steep in other parts of the country.

As a starting point, I would allot a couple hundred dollars, particularly if you want a trial. But it’s never too early to start reaching out to artists in your area for a quote! That way you can really fine tune the budget. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics