Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Curious August 2022 Ontario

Bridal Makeup

Victoria, on June 10, 2021 at 00:09 Posted in Beauty 0 14
Hello lovelies 💕
Do you plan on booking an airbrush makeup application?

It’s so hard to tell when looking on Instagram which brides have chosen airbrush or do most brides choose this option?
Have you had any personal experience with an airbrush application before? If so, worth the upgrade?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Gift, on July 24, 2021 at 11:41
  • Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t plan on doing an airbrush makeup. I believe if you’re a professional make up artist, all your make up work should look airbrushed.
  • Isabella
    Newbie September 2022 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Isabella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're doing makeup for your whole bridal party and the two moms, it can be really expensiveSmiley surprise Smiley atonished

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a former makeup artist I don’t think air brushing is necessary. There are so many great products on the market that give you the same look. Not all artists will do air brushing and as some people have mentioned it’s often more expensive.
  • Jess
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh, yeah $30 is a lot to me for airbrushing. Especially on top of the $100 - $300 base price for makeup 💀

I have experience with skin care stuff as well. It's hard to say without knowing what kind of skin type you have but I always recommend a good exfoliant and some sort of gentle AHA to help prevent any texture the day of. Makes the makeup application buttery smooth too.
    Feel free to message me! I'd be happy to chat about it more in depth if you want Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad you were able to find someone you love to do your makeup!! Smiley heart

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh thank you Victoria!!

Ahhhhhh nice!! Happy to hear you’re all booked and ready with your makeup artist. Hope that you’ll have a great engagement shoot and fabulous wedding! 🥂😁
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh good points! We are getting married in August so I'm sure it'll be hot LOL
    HOPEFULLY not insanely hot and my makeup doesn't melt.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhh you are so blessed to have a family member that's a professional makeup artist!!
    YES! Definitely doing a trial run - I was thinking about doing it the day I do my engagement shoot.

I booked my makeup artist last week and I have decided not to do airbrush! Smiley smile

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Jess - i appreciate having a professional's take on this!

To add airbrushing, most makeup artists are charging an additional $30.

I definitely don't mind wearing makeup & want more of a natural glam on my wedding day w/ a great glowy look so I will opt out of airbrushing.

Any tips or suggestions on skin prep/products you recommend?

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have never done airbrush makeup before. I am doing a basic makeup by my cousin that is a makeup artist. I am also not trying to do too much, just plain and simple.

I am a strong believer on trial run to make sure that it works for you and it suits your skin. Try to do it a bit earlier and not closer to your day.
    Keep us posted with what you decide.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just getting the traditional makeup done for my wedding day. I don't want to go overboard with my makeup and want to look as natural as possible. I'm getting my makeup done professionally and it all depends on the person. You can always do a trial run and see if you really like the airbrush look or not if you haven't done it before

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did regular makeup and it was perfect - flawless, natural look I wanted and lasted ALL day. I've had airbrushed makeup for weddings I've been in and I find (personally) it looks more unnatural in photos. Yes, it's great when it's hot and you're sweating because you don't have to worry about it coming off and it has more coverage without feeling overly heavy, but if you scratch your face or anything, it leaves a weird smear and you can't reblend... There's different pros and cons for both!
  • Jess
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used to do makeup professionally and as much as I liked airbrushing, I could get the same appearance through traditional makeup applications.

A lot of brides prefer airbrushing because they don't want to feel like they are wearing a lot of makeup the day of, and it can feel really light on the skin compared to liquid or cream foundations. If you are the type of person who doesn't typically wear much face makeup I would definitely recommend looking into airbrushing with your artist.
    Prices for bridal makeup seem to have gone up astronomically since when I did makeup, I think I only charged an extra 10 bucks for airbrushing. Did you have any recent quotes for airbrushing?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on your skin. When I used to work events where I had to book talent, some people can't use airbrushing for makeup if their skin is not the best (ie dry skin from eczema). In my experience, there's also a limited range, especially for people of colour.

If you're doing makeup for your whole bridal party and the two moms, it can be really expensive, especially if they all have different skin tones. Whereas a typically makeup palette can cover a wide range, the makeup artist would have to get a bunch of individualized pens with different foundations to cover different members of the party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics