Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles

Hank, on January 11, 2021 at 13:45 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 25

Hey ladies, curious as to what kind of bridal jewelry you wore/will be wearing. Fiancee is stuck on what to choose and if you can post some pictures of what you plan on wearing, that would be helpful.

Curious how many people will choose between white gold/silver, yellow gold, and rose gold. Are you going with gemstones, pearls, or just metals?

Help a dude (and his dudette) out! Smiley smile

25 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on April 28, 2021 at 09:28
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! They are from Belle Box Boutique. I got them on Etsy but I see they also now have a separate website Smiley smile
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be wearing silver/white gold as it has always been my personal preference for jewelry
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm wearing pearls, FH gave me a pair of earrings and a necklace of them on our first valentines day. Ive always preferred them over crystals/jewels and my tiara also has pearls.
  • Andrea
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful!! Where did you get the earrings from?
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome 🥰
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ☺️
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg!! That is one gorgeous piece!!😍🤩
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah Etsy seems to have evolved from only being very very small at home businesses to slightly larger but still obviously small businesses. The place that made my rings are on Etsy too but they have a really nice boutique in Vancouver. There are definitely some sketchy shops on there too though so be careful!

A tip with Etsy is that a lot of the sellers have independent websites. With this brand Davie & Chiyo for example, I discovered that a lot of their products are priced differently depending on what website you're looking at and they offer different things so be sure to check out both when you want to purchase. I do find Etsy is a good way to find those smaller businesses though because google obviously shows larger businesses first when you're searching for things to buy.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've started exploring Etsy more recently and only recently found that a lot of established but non-chain jewelers also list their products on there. I always thought of Etsy as crafty people making stuff at home. Even the jeweler who made my fiancee's engagement ring is on there and they've been around for three generations. Definitely will be checking them out more.

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I almost got these earrings for my wedding but in yellow gold! They have such beautiful head pieces too. And I love that they’re women owned and based in Canada.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thanks Hank. My overall theme is Tiffany’s and colour is Tiffany blue LOL so it kinda made sense 🤪
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to suggest white gold/silver coloured jewelry to match the engagement ring I gave her but she's considering getting her wedding band in yellow gold lol.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dang, your girls are getting Tiffany's?!?!? Lucky them!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hubby got me earrings and a necklace for Christmas which actually goes with our colours (tiffany blue) so I'll be wearing that Smiley smile nothing too flashy because I dont' want it to take away from my dress Smiley tongue

Something similar to this- but not this exact one LOL. https://www.peoplesjewellers.com/pearshaped-swiss-blue-topaz-labcreated-white-sapphire-flame-pendant-sterling-silver/p/V-20340572

Plus I got my girls necklaces from Tiffany's so mine will stand out just a bit more lol but they'll also be wearing blue.

• Lindsay
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing white gold and pearls. I just prefer white to gold & it’s the same metal as my engagement ring.
    My dress is lacy and boho, so I wanted to keep my jewellery simple. I got the set from Etsy. Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 1

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress has floral patterns in the lace so I went for a similar theme with my jewelry.

I have a dainty olive leaf necklace that sits around my collarbones, drop earrings with little gemstone leaves and a little ring that looks like it could have been a part of a set with the earrings that I'll be wearing on my right hand.

I won't be wearing a bracelet because my dress has long sleeves.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had little sparkly gold studs and a matching bracelet from Olive and Piper, and I borrowed pearls from my husband's grandmother which were a gift from her husband on their wedding day. I also had a hair piece that had pearls and faux diamonds.

Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 2
    Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 3
    Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 4

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing my Baba's (grandmother's) diamond bracelet and necklace that she passed down to me before she passed away a couple of years ago.

Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 5

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 6
    This is my jewellery. I'm not wearing a necklace as I feel like it takes away from my dresses neckline.
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my jewellery. I'm not wearing a necklace as I feel like it takes away from my dresses neckline.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My something borrowed will be from my moms jewelry collection since I'm not a jewelry person at all and there is no way I could afford the stuff she has even if I was 🙃Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 7
    Very simple but they sparkle like crazy.

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with yellow gold because I like it better than white gold/silver and my engagement/wedding rings are yellow gold. I wore pretty simple studs because I'm not a big earring or jewellery person in general. I also wore my hair down and knew my earrings wouldn't show much. For my necklace I went with a lariat style to complement my dress's neckline which was a deep plunge.

Both the earrings and necklace were from Lover's Tempo which is a Canadian brand based out of Vancouver but I believe they're sold in stores across the country. They are also really affordable.

Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 8

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have two pairs of earrings and I cant decide. I will probably chose on the day of the wedding! haha. I also will be wearing a simple bracelet and no necklace as I have a high neckline on my dress. All of jewellery is rose gold to tie into the rose gold in my engagement ring and wedding band!

Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 9

Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 10

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal Jewelry - Colours and Styles 11
    These are the earrings I am wearing. I’m not wearing a necklace or bracelet since I wanted to keep it minimal. The jewels match the jewels on the belt of my dress, and I have a small hair clip with a similar look as well
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be wearing a necklace and earrings set that are of celtic design (I'm half Irish) and they have pale purple stones in them which is one of our wedding colours. The necklace is also nice and long since my dress has a plunging neckline so it shows that off nicely. The set is white gold which matches my rings🙂 I'll also be wearing a hairpiece that's silver in colour just to tie into everything else too. Unfortunately I no pictures of either though

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics