Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christine
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

Bridal Jewelry

Christine, on August 1, 2018 at 20:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
Hello all!
So I have found my dress for the wedding and am still waiting for it to come in. I thought it would be a good idea to get my jewelry and veil in the mean time, including a necklace, headpiece and earrings.
I am having trouble coordinating my accessories with my dress. I can't envision what the whole ensemble will look like, even when I hold the jewelry up to a picture. Does anyone have any tips? How did you decide what jewelry and veil to choose and did it match the dress?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Modupe, on August 6, 2018 at 18:26
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Modupe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Upon buying my dress, I matched up by Vail with the dress and ordered for it. I already planned to use a tiara, so I ordered that as well. Got my earrings during one of my unplanned shopping trips. I didn't plan to use necklace on my dress so didn't bother buying one.
    My earrings, Vail, and tiara all matched up perfectly.
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I chose my necklace because it was a piece that I already owned, was a gift from my dad, and looked vintage. I had planned on wearing pearl earrings but completely forgot about them the day of, and I went with a pearl/gem veil. It all fit together very nicely. I wouldn’t freak out too much, if you’re really concerned about it you can always post pictures on this thread and ask for advice as well!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not sure what I will wear yet but if I have a few options I will bring them to my first fitting.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The consultant at the bridal boutique suggested my veil for me but I had a hard time with my jewelry too!! I bought two sets - just cheap ones from icing and David’s bridal and wore one set to my fitting apt and loved it! So now I’m all decided. Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go through your jewelry and get a few sets of things together that you think you would want to wear and see what works at your fitting.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have your potential jewelry ready for when you actually get your dress. Have a fitting with your bridesmaids and MIL to see what items go best.

I went through my jewelry box to look at items that might go with my dress. After I got my trial hair and makeup done I did a dress fitting with my MIL and we tried the different jewelry.

Otherwise when I got my dress my brid party right away made me try on accessories
  • T
    Beginner August 2019 Manitoba
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say just buy whatever you want..you’ll be the star on your wedding day regardless what accessories you’re wearing. And if you’re really concerned just make sure you can return them if it turns out you don’t like them with the dress Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only advice I can offer is to wait until you have the dress and then buy some jewelry and accessories and bring them home to see if they look good. If not return them and try again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics