Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Break Outs

Meghan, on March 13, 2019 at 11:18 Posted in Beauty 0 6

I think the wedding planning stress may be getting to be a bit because I have noticed over the past few weeks that I have been getting the odd pimple on my face- usually just one or two at a time but they are not always small :/

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can use to 1) make the ones that are here go away fast, and 2) try to prevent future ones from appearing?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on March 14, 2019 at 07:12
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Meghan! OMG your wedding is only a month away! Are you super excited?

At the same time, completely understandable that you're starting to feel the pressure of wedding planning, there is so much to think about and I'm sure you feel like you are always 'on'!

Looks like the previous posters have been really helpful with advice for your breakouts. I hope something works for you and you get your skin under control and back to normal.

I know it can be hard to take a step back from wedding planning when it's coming up so soon, but don't forget to look after yourself and take a break if you need to. Listen to your body! You should definitely take some chill time to yourself or just hang out with your FH without talking about the wedding.

There are some great resources on wellness and putting yourself first for a while. I've linked an article for you to read that will hopefully help you de-stress before your wedding!

8 Ways to Reduce Stress the Week Before Your Wedding

Sending you hugs and best wishes!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not a problem Smiley smile It's honestly the best! Just make sure when you are using the oil that you put it on a Q Tip, or cotton pad. If you use your finger, there is a chance of just adding more bacteria to it

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OO thanks for that as well! I use mostly The Body Shop stuff now (a combination of the Tea Tree Oil line and the Vitamin E line)

I actually forgot about their tea tree oil as a spot treatment, I think I actually have some of that at home!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I may be a little biased in my suggestion lol. I used to work for The Body Shop (there for 4 years) so I completed transferred to their products. They may be a little pricey, but they honestly do work.

I have combination skin, and use a mix of their Tea Tree, and Seaweed products. There is a 3 in 1 tea tree wash that is amazing, I use it several times a week, and then use a basic moisturizer afterwards.

Another good product is their tea tree oil. Its only 10% so it is not harsh on your face. But I use it as a spot treatment. It dries up any spots pretty quickly!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have combination skin as well- I am going to try that cleanser, thanks for the suggestion!
    Normally my skin is pretty good...lately though its decided to turn on me haha

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me personally it helped to stop wearing makeup and to wash my face in the morning and before bed. When I wash my face I use clean and clear JUST the step 1 which is the foaming cleanser. I find that the step 2&3 (astringent and lotion) just make my combo skin irritated from being dried too much and then too oily.

Break Outs 1

Overall though, if you must wear makeup - make sure nothing is past it's prime and to wash it all off at the end of you day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics