Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam
Curious October 2020 Ontario

Bras!!!

Sam, on October 7, 2019 at 14:24 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Hey y’all! I need help with bras.. my dress is not backless but like an open back, and then a higher up front, so I’m looking for a strapless, backless adhesive bra. I have tried 2 different brands off of amazon but have found them uncomfortable. Does anyone have a brand they have used and loved? I’m approximately a D38 depending on the bra. I found I had to go up a cup size for them to fit, but found the bottom of the cups were irritating the skin of my chest under my boobs.. am I just not wearing it right? I would love to have a nice bosom on my wedding day 😂

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sam, on October 17, 2019 at 23:36
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s possible! I won’t be seeing a seamstress for a while yet, just doing a lot of planning and research lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there any way your seamstress could recommend a fix for the dress? I know with me being a 34/36 J that bras were a no-go no matter what and we just brought the waist in enough that they stayed nice and up

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice!!!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So here's the thing. Those adhesive bras aren't meant for anyone over a size B or C. Anything bigger is going to be uncomfortable or misshapen. What you can do is get nude bras with clear or nude straps and an attachment for the back of the bra that will convert it into a low back bra. Also I saw a comment about adding cups to your dress. That adds zero support and is only meant for people with a very small chest and it just fills in the gap between you and the dress. I would check out aerie they have some amazing bras and you can get the back converter on amazon too.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can they sew in cups for you? that way you dont have to wear a bra?

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used a combination of Brassy Bra and Booby Tape for my wedding day (and I'm a 36 H.)

I found the Brassy Bra on its own caused irritation because it would pull on the skin on my chest, so I added the Booby Tape underneath for support. I did a practice with every fitting appointment for my dress and ended up using 1 1/2 Brassy Bra on each side.

The first couple of times I used them, I had a little irritation but it was usually because there were wrinkles or because I wore them longer than suggested.

On the big day, they worked perfectly!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The low back bra could be helpful! Also ask your seamstress if she could sew in bra cups for you (you might have to sacrifice a bra for this) to eliminate the need for an actual bra.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley smile Glad to be of help.
    Years of cosplay skills are finely being put to good use somehow! LOL Smiley xd

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is genius I didn’t know that existed!! Thank you I’m going to buy one and try it out!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about a low back corset-style bra? (see picture below) I discovered these when I had a bad reaction to the adhesive used on those sticky cups. It depends on how low a corset back you can find vs. the low back of the dress.
    It might be worth considering...might help to lessen or eliminate the under boob irritation happening with the stick on cups and I personally find they provide better support where there's boning generally in the front portion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics