Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashton
Beginner September 2021 Saskatchewan

Bra for wedding

Ashton, on August 9, 2021 at 09:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Hello everyone! So I found my dream dress but it’s a strapless. So I’m not super thrilled about having to wear a strapless bra.. the seamstress said that I could just wear the clear plastic straps the dress has but I’m worried that will look funny?! Help! Or do I just suck it up and wear the strapless for a few hours? Thank you! ☀️Bra for wedding 1

Bra for wedding 2

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on August 10, 2021 at 22:21
  • Jess
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've found the tape method recommended is amazing. I generally hate bras regardless and have used the brand Booby Tape and BrassyBra several times for different events. I've found them sweat proof, long lasting and comfortable! I'm also like a 42E and they for sure hold me up
  • Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m wearing a strapless gown too. I’m not even wearing a bra. My seamstress is altering it so I don’t need a bra. May dress is also a corset gown, I’m not sure if that makes a difference.
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely go with the adhesive bras or have one sewn into the dress! My dress has cups sewn right in which I really like. I personally don't like how plastic straps feel and they might still show up in your photos. But do whatever is most comfortable for you!

• K
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Krysta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! There is this boob tape that really holds them in place. I use it all the time and I am a 32DD - I get no movement and I can even go swimming with it on! 100% recommend it! I'll link it here.

https://ca.shein.com/1pack-Boob-Tape-5pairs-Self-Adhesive-Nipple-Cover-p-951528-cat-2208.html?scici=Search~~EditSearch~~1~~boob_20tape~~~~0

https://www.amazon.ca/Breast-Backless-Alternative-Breathable-Athletic/dp/B093L54CVV/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=boob+tape&qid=1628535708&sr=8-7

Personally I buy the one from Shein.

Hope this helps!

• Ashton
    Beginner September 2021 Saskatchewan
    Ashton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you all!
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Odd that your seamstress wouldn’t just recommend sewing in cups to the dress. That’s what I would suggest you do
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could have straps added to it. I’ve seen this done multiple times with dresses just like yours.
    Plastic straps do not look good imo unless you’re going for a very intentional look by wearing them, and I assume you are not.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask your seamstress to see if she can build a bra into your dress that way you don't need to wear one at all. I'm doing that with my dress.

• Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Ashton,
    First off, Congratulations 🥳 👏🏽 Your dress is super gorgeous. Honestly, the clear strap looks good, like it really compliments the dress. I’d rather this over a bra. Alternatively, you could buy a strap (see attached photos) and have your seamstress add it for you. I understand time is of the essence for you. The second and last picture where obtained from Amazon. You could check Amazon for options.Other store options: David’s Bridal and Etsy.com
    The most important thing is that you’re comfortable on that day so I’d go for either the clear straps or purchasing a strap to be added 😊 Bra for wedding 3

Bra for wedding 4

Bra for wedding 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics