Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Curious July 2022 Alberta

Boutonnières...yay or Nay?

Jennifer, on August 6, 2020 at 01:39 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
I’m stuck on whether or not to do boutonnières for my fiancé and groomsmen. One day I think they look nice and the next I feel like they’re too prom like. Are your groomsmen wearing them?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Christina, on August 20, 2020 at 10:31
  • Christina
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve decided to do boutonnières for the groomsmen and father’s of the bride/groom to set them apart from the rest of the guests. Our planner has also recommended real flowers for the personal ones (as ppl like to get up close and touch them) and faux for anything faraway to save costs (like an arch or head table). Best of luck and congratulations!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hadn’t thought of that! Something to chat with our florist about.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've had a few people warn me that they get squished from all the hugs you get at your wedding.

I would go with faux flowers so they can withstand all the hugs!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The pins are nice too. After chatting with my fiancé we’re thinking yes for boutonnières after all!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I’m definitely leaning more towards them. I always assumed we’d have them then some pictures on Pinterest had me second guessing. Also, I’m almost 40 and sometimes question if I even know what’s in style anymore haha So I wanted to put it out here. thanks for your feedback and happy wedding!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was just gonna suggest pins as an alternative to floral boutennaires. I personally don't find them prom like and will elevate the formality of the bridal party over the rest of the guests. My group will have them.
  • Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister in law had pins instead of boutennaires. There's also other alternative options to boutennaires if you look online. We won't be having them at our wedding
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    After all this feedback I think we’ll also go with boutonnières Smiley smile thanks and best of luck to you too!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the idea of including our Dads! Thanks Smiley smile best wishes to you ❤️
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love these!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks everyone! I am now leaning more towards having the boutonnières. Best of luck to you all on your special day ❤️
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guys in our wedding party will definitely be wearing them. My fiance and I both love them! I find it really sets them apart from other guests, as well as helps tie the guys together with the girls in the party. But if you decided not too, I agree with the other suggestions about going with a pocket square or something like that.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our groomsmen will be wearing boutonnieres on our wedding day. My fiance and I really like them and they give the suits that extra touch! We're doing something very similar to this picture. But if you're not wanting to have them at your wedding, I don't think it would be a big deal. You could do a pocket square instead if you wanted to go that way.

Boutonnières...yay or Nay? 1

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not having groomsmen at our wedding, but we did get bouts for our dads. We wanted them to feel special and decorated since they’re walking down the aisle.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've opted to go with them and I'm pretty excited for the ideas our florist has for them. Our groomsmen and groomsmaids are going to be in a vest and pants instead of a suit, so I don't think it will feel too prom-y and it will help them look cohesive with the bridesmaid's bouquets.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Jennifer! Our groomsmen will be wearing boutonnières for sure. I personally love them and think they help create cohesion between the groomsmen and bridesmaid outfits. But if you’re not into them, I think it’s fine to skip. You can tie the wedding colours into the guys’ outfits via a pocket square or tie—it achieves the same effect. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics