Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Newbie September 2018 Quebec

Boutonnieres and corsages - a must have or just an unnecessary cost?

Renee, on January 31, 2018 at 16:26 Posted in WeddingWire 0 8
I was wondering what are people's thoughts on boutonnieres (for the groom, groomsmen and fathers) ? What about corsages for the mothers? Is it necessary or just an extra expense? With a big wedding party, divorced parents who have new partners.... it adds up quickly!

Thanks Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on February 2, 2018 at 01:00
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having them! My mom made them and the flowers we got were a decent price. They honestly were not too bad for price. I love the look because it makes your bridal party, parents and grandparents stand out 😊. I think it makes them feel included in my opinion.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, the corsages felt more optional than the boutonnieres, but it really is a personal taste sort of thing. We ended up doing both to make sure everyone was included.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They're not necessary. We are doing them because my sister-in-law is making them, but if we had been going through a florist, we wouldn't have done them.

I was in a wedding where no flowers were used. Bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, were all skipped and no one missed them.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We liked the idea of boutonnieres and corsages so we opted for them but it is entirely up to you. I don't think they are necessary at all and if they are just going to jack up the cost of your wedding then you may want to forgo them.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are keeping boutineers for the guys in the wedding party but nobody outside the wedding party is getting boutineers or corsages.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The groomsmen are doing pocket squares cause my FH doesn't really like bountonneires. I decided to give one to my dad.. cause he's walking me down the aisle and I want him to feel like he matches.

If I'm giving one to my dad then I felt bad not doing one for his dad.

My mum HATES corsages. She says it bothers her wrist and she's not going to prom. Since she's not having one, I decided no one is going to get one. Sort of mean I know.. but it would just get messy cause then I'd do one for my FMIL.. then would get in trouble for not giving one to my future-step-mother-in-law (lol).. which my FMIL and her don't get along. And then my dad would be upset that my step-mum didn't get one.. but then my mum would be upset if she DID get one. UGH just a nightmare.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped both!! Boutonnieres just aren't really my thing so we went with pocket squares instead for the groomsmen, but you could also just skip them completely!

I really don't love corsages, but wanted to make sure I wasn't hurting either mom's feelings by skipping them so I asked if they would prefer a small bouquet or single stem instead. They were both totally fine without anything!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's really up to you in the end. I think they look nice in pictures but we have a small wedding party 2 grooms men. So we will be getting a total of 4 boutonnieres and 2 corsages. I think it's nice to have them stand out especially if the 2 sides don't each other or aren't close. To be honest I wouldn't get boutonnieres of new partners for your parents, I would only do it for biological parents. But that is just my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics