Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Boutonniere or no and matching or not matching?

Stefanie, on August 29, 2020 at 22:40 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
We were playing with our florals today and I am undecided. These are our unfinished but main florals of our bouquets and a boutonniere we sort of made up today. Our colours are mint rose gold and pops of coral. The bridesmaids are wearing mint and the groomsmen light grey suits with mint tie. My fiance refuses to wear any of the coral flowers and says he'd be fine without as well but will wear what I think would look nice 😅.. so opinions. What are you doing?

Boutonniere or no and matching or not matching? 1
Boutonniere or no and matching or not matching? 2

6 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on August 31, 2020 at 18:03
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it looks great. The colours are complimentary so I think it is perfect.
    My fiancé also refuses to wear any shade of pink.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I do like the idea of maybe doing a white boutonniere. I wonder if doing all white for him and all the groomsmen may be better even. The groomsmen are in light grey tux with mint tie and pocket square and then my fiance is dark grey tux with likely a mint tie (maybe bow tie lol, or opposite) and the mint pocket square. Maybe something like this I found online but with greenery that matches ours.
    Boutonniere or no and matching or not matching? 3

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do like the idea of Hank of white boutiniere with the coral tie. One little touch i would say to bring the teal into play is painting fake stem leaves so that will go well instead of coral.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since he's asked not to wear coral I definitely wouldn't try to make him do that.

I like the teal for him with more coral for you and the ladies. If the groomsmen are ok with coral do theirs so that they have all the colors and so your FH stands out a bit from them. I agree with Hank, I think the flowers and the ties should not be the same color if you want them to pop.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and his best man are wearing boutonniere's for our wedding next year. They will both be the same. Something along the lines of this picture.

Boutonniere or no and matching or not matching? 4

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your groom wants to look formal the wedding, he should wear a boutonniere but it should not match the tie. I suggest white for his boutonniere and the others wear coral. That will differentiate and elevate his status as groom.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics