Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cara
Beginner December 2020 Ontario

Boutonnière & Corsage

Cara, on December 12, 2019 at 16:09 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
I’m starting to make a floral plan. I’m unsure about what to do in regards to boutonnières and corsages. Would it be weird for only the groom to have one and do nice pocket squares for the groomsmen? What have you done or seen at other weddings?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Cara, on December 28, 2019 at 11:47
  • Cara
    Beginner December 2020 Ontario
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!! I’m leading towards no little extras. Appreciate your response.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's what we did! My husband had a bout, and we got all the guys pocket squares. Looked totally great. We also didn't do bouts or corsages for family members. This was a great suggestion from our florist as a way to cut costs. People think "oh its tiny, there's only 1 flower, so it should be pretty cheap", and they couldn't be more wrong. For florists, they're time consuming, and finicky to make, and they're usually expensive because of the work involved.

As a bride who didn't have them and doesn't regret it a bit, save your money, put it towards a killer floral piece for the ceremony that you can re purpose in the reception or something.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its ultimately up to you, you can plan it however you'd like.
    I am having corsages for the Groomsmen, Groom, Parents & grandparents lol... It's very costly but in our culture that is how we are "supposed" to do it. I have been to many weddings that don't though.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havent seen corsages at a wedding...ever lol! you could probably skip those and also your boutioneers dont have to be floral. ive seen car pins or bike pins or alcohol bottle pins!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do pocket squares and skip boutonnieres. They get squished during all the hugs and dancing.

Plus the guys can keep them and potentially use them again!
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cara and welcome to wedding wire.

I think having just the groom with a boutonniere and the rest pocket squares will be a great idea. The groom and bride should look different then the wedding party, I feel. I would say for the bride to have her flowers and the maids all have something of their own. So now, you are still coordnated. These little touches make your wedding unique to you and FH. Its your day to do as you please. Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to either go with all boutonniere's or all pocket squares - but I just like the uniform look.

For my wedding I wanted to do pocket squares but then when the men got their suits we liked it better plain so we stuck with just the ties being the pop of colour on them Smiley smile

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm letting FH choose his own boutonniere just because I want it to be something special to him. But my best friend is getting married next year just a couple months after me, and he's getting a small figurine of his favourite super hero, and having the rest of his groomsmen have theirs too. They'll either be made into pins like the pic or we'll put them inside our breast pockets and have them sticking out. I'll be sporting Thor lol
    Boutonnière & Corsage 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics